Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bag transport on Invierno de Camino in November

El Cascayal

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
23:Valença Var Espiritual Apr; Norte Cudillero Oct
A question for all of you Invierno veterans. I’m hoping to walk Invierno from Ponferrada Nov 2021. After a mini Sanabres Camino I just completed, realized I really can no longer carry my backpack no matter how light, back pain from scoliosis, arthritis, getting older…Many of the locals knew of several drivers on this Camino who privately transport bags.
Does anyone know any locals who transport duffel bag from stage to stage on the Invierno in November? Correos Paq mochila does not operate in November. Thanks for any suggestions.
Aymarah

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Does anyone know any locals who transport duffel bag from stage to stage on the Invierno in November?
Even if there is no Paq Mochilla, there is probably a way: When I walked there were some guys from Barcellona who were getting suitcases sent ahead each day, I think by taxi.
I'm sorry, but I never asked - so I'm useless for details.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Some new information thanks to Carmiña at Bar Rosende/Albergue Reina Lupa in Deserio:

I confirmed that bag transport is available from Angel on Camino de Invierno in November.

Hope this helps. Buen Camino to all! 🚶‍♀️🚶‍♀️

Some new information thanks to Carmiña at Bar Rosende/Albergue Reina Lupa in Deserio:

I confirmed that bag transport is available from Angel on Camino de Invierno in November.

Hope this helps. Buen Camino to all! 🚶‍♀️🚶‍♀️
Hi Aymarah,

I’m glad you were able to answer your own question because this one had me stumped. ;)

I will also confess that I was skeptical. How could one taxi guy located outside Ourense provide transport service to the Invierno. His location in Amoeiro puts him 30 km from Chantada and further from every other stop. But happily I was wrong. I have WhatsApped him, and he responded quite promptly to say — yes, I provide transport on the Invierno. Send me your stages and I’ll send you a proposal. WOW! I have no idea what he charges, but you can tell us. Buen camino, Laurie

Laurie,
I knew you would be interested in this. What I learned on my recent mini-Covid Sanabres Camino is that there are incredible resources known to the local people. Every Camino is so beautifully different and this one was walking with locals, it seemed Madrid had emptied out, many “sanitarios” walking, also to clear their heads and hearts of these horrible past few months. So many deeply shared experiences. So far I’ve noticed that most Spaniards walk with one or more close friends and they welcome you in, a wonderful experience. Carmiña in Deserio is always a wealth of information, she knows the pulse of La Via de la Plata and the Invierno. ❤️ her. When are you contemplating 🚶‍♀️again?
Will update folks in November if it works out. Gracias siempre por tus consejos, Aymarah

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I am overjoyed that a friend will be joining me on the Camino de Invierno from Monteford de Lemos. However, I dont think that she will be able to carry a backpack as she is quite slightly built. I am quite concerned that her. bags might not be accepted at all the albergues. Does anyone have any experience of this?

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back