Search 58,412 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Rent a house in Santiago (1 month minimum)
300m from the cathedral and around the corner from the fresh food market in Santiago. Perfect place to tele commute from (1GB symmetrical connection).
how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.

Bag transport with Jacobtrans

amyshmn

Past OR future Camino
1 week Portugal route - 2016
Full French route - 2021
Hi everyone!
I’m currently on the Frances route. I’ve been transporting my bag using Jacobtrans - usually 5 euro each day - but when I arrived in Leon (from Sahagun) I discovered that Jacobtrans indicated I owed an additional 10 euros for that segment of the journey. I paid. But does anyone have any idea why that segment was 15 euro? And will I encounter that again between Villar de Mazarife and Santiago?
Thanks!!

Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.
Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store
Past OR future Camino
2019: León to Santiago; 2021: St. Jean to León.
Probably a really good question to ask Jacotrans but maybe because you covered 55km in one day?
Ha! Yes, that may be their reasoning. I’m sorry amyshmn received an unexpected charge.

FYI, we spent three days walking from Sahagún to León. They were three short, easy days, but, still, 3 days! We beat our transported luggage to León, and that was less fun than we thought it would be.

Last edited:
Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop
Pilgrim Pouch carry bags with different designs
A lightweight carry bag handy for walking, biking, traveling, & Caminos

Marbe2

Past OR future Camino
2015-2019 walked all or more than half of CF 7 times... CP recently cancelled by Covid 19!
Agree
Probably a really good question to ask Jacotrans but maybe because you covered 55km in one day?
Agree! All of the transport companies I have used either limit the distance they will cover in one day or charge an additiional fee for distances further than about the equivalent of a Brierley stage. So read the fine print when booking ahead.

Last edited:

Corned Beef

Past OR future Camino
VDLP 4/2022
I've used Jacotrans and Correos on two different Caminos. Correos is far better with their online booking/rebooking system. They also have an excellent customer service team that takes you through the options. You also get a fixed price.

I had issues with Jacotrans and their response is not the best.

Marbe2

Past OR future Camino
2015-2019 walked all or more than half of CF 7 times... CP recently cancelled by Covid 19!
I've used Jacotrans and Correos on two different Caminos. Correos is far better with their online booking/rebooking system. They also have an excellent customer service team that takes you through the options. You also get a fixed price.

I like Correos better as well. However, Correos has a limit on how far they will transport walkers baggage per day…..even though you can pay a flat fee for the whole trip.

amyshmn

Past OR future Camino
1 week Portugal route - 2016
Full French route - 2021
Hmmm, I Just received my bag today. I put a ten euro in the envelope because I had nothing smaller, and when my bag arrived there was no change (5 euro) in the envelope. I guess Jacotrans thought I was a big tipper?

dfox

Past OR future Camino
It was May in 2017.

The albergue, where I stayed, did not allow transport service delivering to or picking up backpacks from it. My backpack had to be placed in a cafe nearby. I mistakenly placed my backpack in a wrong place in the cafe, the result is no backpack when I arrived at the intended albergue.

With the help of a volunteer in the albergue contacting Jacotrans, I got my backpack back within 2 hours.

I'm thankful to the volunteer(s) and Jacotrans for excellent care and service.

Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop
Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery

Pauline21Again

Past OR future Camino
Hi everyone!
I’m currently on the Frances route. I’ve been transporting my bag using Jacobtrans - usually 5 euro each day - but when I arrived in Leon (from Sahagun) I discovered that Jacobtrans indicated I owed an additional 10 euros for that segment of the journey. I paid. But does anyone have any idea why that segment was 15 euro? And will I encounter that again between Villar de Mazarife and Santiago?
Thanks!!
They charge a certain amount for a "leg" which is a usual walking day, and if you exceed that it's extra. It's all explained on their website in plain language.

CAJohn

Past OR future Camino
Frances Sept/Oct 2019
A woman in one of the albergues was laughing one day about all of us wanting 5 euro notes for the transport. She said that the transporters have more 5 euro notes than anyone in the area, and that if you put a 10 euro note, they will give you change.

The one time I tested that theory, I did not get any change. So, I went back to making sure I had enough coins or a 5 euro note. Lesson learned. And I don't mind whoever got the 5 euro tip. I appreciated their service. Luggage transport was the primary reason that I was able to do the Camino Frances.

Last edited:
Past OR future Camino

I switched to Correos and found it worked well.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads