• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bag Transport

Time of past OR future Camino
SJP - Burgos (2013), Burgos - Sahagun (2014), Sahagun - Astorga (May 2015), Astorga - Sarria (2016),
Who does bag transport on the Camino Engles from A Coruna?
And is it the same procedure as on the Frances, envelopes in the Alberques?

Also I spent 2 hrs looking for my bag last year on the Frances, I had tried to send it to Monte Gozo, the Xunta Alberque
and they told me they dont accept bags and couldnt tell me where it had gone to. I only speak Pigeon Spanish.

Thanks for any help given.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Also I spent 2 hrs looking for my bag last year on the Frances, I had tried to send it to Monte Gozo, the Xunta Alberque
and they told me they dont accept bags and couldnt tell me where it had gone to. I only speak Pigeon Spanish.

Correos does backpack transport on the Ingles https://www.elcaminoconcorreos.com/en/rucksack-transfer

Thanks Trecile, Ill have a look.
You dont know the answer to my 2nd question do you?

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Thanks Trecile, Ill have a look.
You dont know the answer to my 2nd question do you?
I haven't used Correos, but I've read their site. You can purchase all of your transfers ahead of time, and then notify them daily via email or WhatsApp of where they should pick up and deliver.

Correos do not send bags to the municipal albergues along the Ingles either.

You either need to stay in pensions or have the bag sent to the post office, or another private address that will take them. In Pontedeume, Betanzos and Sigueiro, that could work, but the albergue at Hospital de Bruma is miles away from a post office.

You either need to stay in pensions or have the bag sent to the post office, or another private address that will take them. In Pontedeume, Betanzos and Sigueiro, that could work, but the albergue at Hospital de Bruma is miles away from a post office.
Thanks Peb,
We have a bit of a dilemma so, will have to figure something out!
Thanks Again
I have looked on the Carreros site and A Coruna doesnt come up!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I have just written to Correros and their reply was that they dont carry bags from A Coruna!
the nearest is Hospital de Bruma as this connects with the Ferrol route which they DO service.
I have now written to Jacotrans to see if they do it?

Hi
We used Correos to transport our backpack on the Camino Francis in 2107, one of the places we asked our bag to be dropped off was closed, and the Correos dropped it at the municipal albergue. All it took was an email to Correos asking where they dropped it, and someone responded within 30 minutes to let us know it's drop off location. you can book the bad transport online, it is efficient and easy. Buen Camino.

Thanks for the reply, I have aince been in touch with Correros and they dont transport bags from A Coruna, thanks for replying

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Thanks for the reply, I have aince been in touch with Correros and they dont transport bags from A Coruna, thanks for replying

we used them on the Camino Francis, I wasn't sure about the route from A Coruna.

why using bag transport?

Pack light. Cut the junk. Carry your own.

Reason I asked, is there may be some sort of physical limitation(s) that require you to use bag transport service(s).

Over 70 here and never used a bag transport on any of my four camino.

Seems to be too much hassle with worrying about if the bag made it or not.

When I walked the Ingles, I did not see or hear of anyone using a bag transport company or the Post.

Just curious.

My knees are not great!
But we are looking to jettison a lot of stuff and do as you suggest, so we will see.
thanks for replying.

Muire, oh my. Sorry to hear that.
Then, yes, you should go very light weight. And hopefully you can find a way to forward the main bag.
When I walked the Ingles I did not see, or know of, anyone using a forwarding service. Be it private or the Post.
Best wishes on your camino.
Having grown up in Ferrol/Seville, I love Ferrol.

Blessings

My knees are not great!
But we are looking to jettison a lot of stuff and do as you suggest, so we will see.
thanks for replying.
my.

Walking sticks when used properly reduce the stress on your knees. That's why I bought them. 😍

Thank you for this, I do use them and I think, properly. This is not really about my knees, its about having bags transported between A Coruna and Hospital, as I imagine there is transport from here to Santiago. But thank you for your contribution to the conversation.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Has any recent info been determined on bag transport service from Ferrol ?

And yes, before everyone jumps on me...the transport service is not for myself, but for an older woman who will be walking with me. In recent weeks, she has had difficulty with a pinched nerve and sciatica that is unlikely to resolve fully before we walk. Carrying any weight besides water and personal finance items will not be possible and she's considering not going. Hopefully the service is available.

Thank you to anyone who can address the question directly.

Further question about the Correos bag service..do they just transport rucksacks, or would any case be fine? We'll be departing in less than 3 weeks and have booked it for the Ingles (probably unnecessary,but we have a few nights in Santiago at the end so it means we can travel light each day).

Sophie, I am not sure that there is anyone apart from Correos who transports bags on the Ingles. Unless you walk on an pre-arranged tour with a travel company, where your bags are also transported.

Ben, Correos transport any bag, as long as it weighs less than 23kg. That means that they transport suitcases, if you wish. Clothes often keep better in a suitcase, and a suitcase may be easier for your international travel to and from Spain

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Many thanks peb, not only will a case be easier to bring on the plane, but I would have needed to purchase a larger pack. Thanks again!

Don’t blame Correos/delivery services for “not delivering backpacks to Municipal albergues”. It is Municipal albergues who do want to cooperate with backpack delivery service because they have to open the doors for the services (3 or 4 companys now) for pickups early in the morning and deliver in the late morning/early afternoon while the albergue is closed and busy for cleaning. Usually Municipal albergues are manned by volunteers and are short-handed. That’s why backpacks are delivered to nearby bar/restaurants instead.

Make sure your friend has a rucksack with a good waist strap. I have sciatica and even a small rucksack gives me pain. My camino one with a waist strap 35l is perfect and I can carry 7kg without a problem.
I booked to stay in a band b on the ingl es they suggested correos to me.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Correos are very good
On the internet send them your stopping points and on the first day put total amount in the envelope.
Leave the rest to them .
It has cost us 2.50 or 3 euro a day and bags are there before we arrive.
We have clothes for another 5 weeks after we finish being transported.

If I have pre-booked hotels and guest houses meaning no hostels or albuergues on the CP will Correos transport each day if I provide itinerary of hotels each day?

We are on the Ingles but Correos have a web site to try.

If I have pre-booked hotels and guest houses meaning no hostels or albuergues on the CP will Correos transport each day if I provide itinerary of hotels each day?
I used Correos on the CF and they delivered my pack, to hostels, hotels, pensiones or albegues, as long as they are listed with Correos.

You can check now online here whether correos will transport your mochilla to the booked guest houses or hotels. Just insert the name of the Camino in the top box, that your first stop, for instance isTui. Then click on the fourth box - where you want to collect your backpack - and you can see to which places Correos delivers. Hopefully your selected hotel or guesthouse is on the list, otherwise you have to make other arrangements with Correos for that day.

To me that only happened once during my 7 weeks-travel.

Correos will not from porto.. Tuitrans will from porto daily to santiago. Keeping my backpak with me but transferring an extra bag to each stop to lighten my weight and take a few additional things to travel 8 days after camino. Tuitrans is great and just 76 euros. My contact was Lucia.

I
why using bag transport?

Pack light. Cut the junk. Carry your own.

Reason I asked, is there may be some sort of physical limitation(s) that require you to use bag transport service(s).

Over 70 here and never used a bag transport on any of my four camino.

Seems to be too much hassle with worrying about if the bag made it or not.

When I walked the Ingles, I did not see or hear of anyone using a bag transport company or the Post.

Just curious.
Have just

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I used Tui Trans for the last 14 days. Sent them my info. Bag was always there before me. They were fabulous. I would use them again!

I have just finished the Portaguese route. I have 2 weeks left and wanted to do the Inglis from Ferrol. My feet are very sore so I need to know what the route is like, I have a problem with uphill walking. Please advise.

€83,-
I have just finished the Portaguese route. I have 2 weeks left and wanted to do the Inglis from Ferrol. My feet are very sore so I need to know what the route is like, I have a problem with uphill walking. Please advise.
The worst section is now much easier , no worse than inland from Porto

Only Correos did send it to Bruma albergue on the Ingles Camino,as the hospiterios receive it and hold it for the next day. They used to own the double storey house, sold it and now run it for the municipal. A rare situation. It has a restaurant opposite, and a babbling brook beside. Lovely memories from June 2019.
Love

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Advise? No! I will tell you that there are some uphill sections. I am not good on uphill sections but I lived to tell the tale. The final day is truly wonderful. To help by sending on your bag to relieve pressure on your feet, Correos run a pickup service called paqmochila. I found it is easy to use. They have a list of accepted pickup places.

Thank you, I have since decided to walk the section we skipped in 2009, from Burgos to Leon. I hope I will find albergues at short distances, at least the terrain will be flat.

Most read last week in this forum

I will be walking my first ever camino this September and have chosen the Camino Ingles. The Inca Trail is the only other multi-day hike I have ever done and is roughly the same length in terms of...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back