• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bag Transport ?

ASHolloway

Time of past OR future Camino
Hello, all -

I have read though all of the threads regarding bag transport on the GR-65 and Transports Claudine seems to be mentioned the most. However, visiting their website says that they only transport from Conques to SJPP. Is there a good bag transport company that will at minimum transport from Le Puy to Conques? Thank you so much for your help. My Camino to Santiago begins this Sunday!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hello, all -

I have read though all of the threads regarding bag transport on the GR-65 and Transports Claudine seems to be mentioned the most. However, visiting their website says that they only transport from Conques to SJPP. Is there a good bag transport company that will at minimum transport from Le Puy to Conques? Thank you so much for your help. My Camino to Santiago begins this Sunday!
ASHolloway,
Try this firm; they cite transport between Le Puy and Conques, etc.

Good luck and Buen camino.

My experience goes back 5-8 years, but I received excellent service from la Malle Postale. They spoke English better than I spoke French, so phone and email communication went very smoothly.

Bon chemin.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I booked from Le Puy to Moissac with la Malle Postale, who seamlessly transferred to Transports Claudine at Conques - I didn't even notice.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Blessings to you on your walk. We so enjoyed le Chemin in the fall of 2019 when we walked from Le Puy to Cahors. Next month we pick it back up at Cahors and plan to cross into Spain for a few days before coming back home. I wish we could take more time and continue to Compostelle.

Good luck on your start tomorrow AHS! My friends and I arrive in Le Puy on Sept 1st to start for SJPP. We'll be taking the Cele Valley variant as part of the journey from Figeac to Cahors. The 2 transport options are great info, my questions are which one best serves the "variant" and not having ever used one before, can you use them sporadically on days you just don't feel like carrying the pack. We are reserved all the way to SJPP with reliable hosts.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

I am fine tuning my packing and I pre package my vitamins/supplements to take daily, which I have done for about 15 years. Do you all take them with you, or leave them home? 36 days of vitamins...
Dear fellow pilgrims! :) I hope to walk from Le Puy to Santiago later this year. I was thinking about starting at some point in august so that I manage to reach Santiago before it gets too cold...
Hey! Thinking about walking Le Puy this year. I am a solo female traveller. On my previous Camino (Spain) I stayed in municipal albergues, but this time I would like to try something...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.