• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bag Transportation along the Le Puy route

Time of past OR future Camino
VDLP to Finisterre 2009
Le Puy to SJPDP 2013
Frances 2014
GR700 & Arles 2017
Norte 2019
Hi all

Unfortunately due to a badly broken thumb I may need to transport my backpack, especially in the first few days out of Le Puy when the terrain is all up and down. Do I need to take luggage labels with me to identify my bag and where it is being transported to that day or will this be included in the service? I now leave on the 10th September.

Thanks in advance.
Cherie

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Last edited:
Cherie,
I was on the Le Puy route this year and the baggage service is very readily available and does provide labels. Just as another point in case you need it....they will also transport people for much cheaper than the buses or trains. We got a ride one day when we needed to hurry forward and our driver was a most charming man who provided us with all of the information he could think of about the route we were taking.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Thanks Margaret and Cecelia, both your helpful posts noted. Cheers Cherie

Cherie,
I was on the Le Puy route this year and the baggage service is very readily available and does provide labels. Just as another point in case you need it....they will also transport people for much cheaper than the buses or trains. We got a ride one day when we needed to hurry forward and our driver was a most charming man who provided us with all of the information he could think of about the route we were taking.

Cecelia,

Do you remember which company you used? I need to be transported from Aumont-Aubrac back to Le Puy and am trying to arrange this ahead of time. However I can also just try to make this happen when I am on the trail if you think that is possible.

Thanks!

Most read last week in this forum

I am fine tuning my packing and I pre package my vitamins/supplements to take daily, which I have done for about 15 years. Do you all take them with you, or leave them home? 36 days of vitamins...
Dear fellow pilgrims! :) I hope to walk from Le Puy to Santiago later this year. I was thinking about starting at some point in august so that I manage to reach Santiago before it gets too cold...
Hey! Thinking about walking Le Puy this year. I am a solo female traveller. On my previous Camino (Spain) I stayed in municipal albergues, but this time I would like to try something...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back