Search 69,459 Camino Questions

baggage carrying service on the Primtivo

Pam Scott

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino de Santiago compostella 2015
Hi Hoping to do the Primitvo this coming June. Unfortunately the osteoarthritis in my back is playing up and I was wondering if any of you have used baggage transfer on Primitivo. Many thanks in advance.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Yes, we used the postal service's Pax Mochilla for a couple of the long sections and they were excellent!!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi LakeMcD Were they easy enough to contact and was the price reasonable? thanks

I used Correos and it was extremely easy, and worked like a charm. I organized everything online. I had to make some changes, and it was no problem. I even forgot an item at one place, and they were able to transport it to the next place for me along with my bag. I would certainly recommend them.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I used Correos and it was extremely easy, and worked like a charm. I organized everything online. I had to make some changes, and it was no problem. I even forgot an item at one place, and they were able to transport it to the next place for me along with my bag. I would certainly recommend them.
Do you need to book in advance or can you book say a day in advance.?

I booked it in advance about two weeks ahead, but I could have done it the evening before. As I walked, a few things changed and I needed to change the location of where my bag would be dropped off/picked up, which I was able to do the evening before. When you go to their website, it will give you information on when the deadline for changes is. I found the website really easy to use, and I liked the fact that my bag-forwarding was paid for ahead of time. If you book more than one stage at a time (I think?? it was 5) there was a bit of a discount.

I booked it in advance about two weeks ahead, but I could have done it the evening before. As I walked, a few things changed and I needed to change the location of where my bag would be dropped off/picked up, which I was able to do the evening before. When you go to their website, it will give you information on when the deadline for changes is. I found the website really easy to use, and I liked the fact that my bag-forwarding was paid for ahead of time. If you book more than one stage at a time (I think?? it was 5) there was a bit of a discount.
Thank you so much for the helpful information.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

Can anyone recommend a good snack to buy for the hospitalès route Nothing major just something to keep me going Many thanks

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back