Search 60,048 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Baggage Storage in SJPdP

Book your Bus ticket here

kwrightmpa

I will be walking from LePuy to Cahors this September, and wanted to know if luggage could be stored in Saint Jean Pied de Port?

Since I will be in Europe for 90 days with my LePuy walk to take place 30 days into my trip, I don’t want to transport a suitcase each day while carrying a backpack. I am exploring my options to store the suitcase for a month.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thank you - Kimberly

Pocket guide that pack a punch
1.4 oz (40g) pocket guides with gems of wisdom to ponder during and after your Camino
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.

mspath

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Frances, autumn/winter; 2004, 2005-2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
kwrightmpa,
Years ago it was possible to store some items in SJPdP at the Pilgrim Office. You might email them and ask.
Here is their web.

Bon chance et Bon voyage!

kwrightmpa

kwrightmpa,
Years ago it was possible to store some items in SJPdP at the Pilgrim Office. You might email them and ask.
Here is their web.

Bon chance et Bon voyage!
Thank you for the recommendation. I just checked with a person who finished a volunteer assignment at the Pilgrims Office in SJPdP; she said that they will not store luggage/backpacks overnight only during the day while waiting for the Albergues to open.

I appreciate your quick reply to my question; I will explore other options.

mspath

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Frances, autumn/winter; 2004, 2005-2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
Thank you for the recommendation. I just checked with a person who finished a volunteer assignment at the Pilgrims Office in SJPdP; she said that they will not store luggage/backpacks overnight only during the day while waiting for the Albergues to open.

I appreciate your quick reply to my question; I will explore other options.
Thank you for your update. Perhaps you could find storage via a SJPdP hotel or chambre d'hôte ? Of course depending on where you plan to travel post walking Cahors may be a good spot to try to store your suitcase.

Last edited:

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 105 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings