• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Baggage transfer and boat from Caminha

DenyseB

Time of past OR future Camino
Walked Camino Frances 2014 & 2015
Camino del Norte 2017, Camino Portuguese 2020
Two things:
1.We have been using TopSantiago for baggage transfer since Porto. For one bag 8 Euros in Portugal, 6 Euros in Spain. The company will do transfers from Lisbon, but do not know the conditions/rules.
2. Taking a boat from Caminha to Spain. We booked Xacebeo online two days before we wanted to leave Caminha. 6 Euros for a passenger, 8 Euros for passenger and bicycle. They departed Caminha on time, near the roundabout at the far end of town, just before the bridge that you take out of Caminha towards Tui. Departed on time in a boat that can hold 6/maybe 8 people and a bike? Suggest booking in advance.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
From what I saw a couple of days ago, if he needs several trips for the passengers that he has, then he will go back and forth more than once.

Just to add some, what I think is relevant info to this thread: There is also a boat service called Camino By Boat(you can find them on Facebook under that name) that allows you to paddle up the Mino river to Valenca/Tui from Caminha. It was a much needed day off for my feet. Includes an awesome picnic on the bank. It is run by a wonderful and friendly Spanish/German couple. Just another option if you are thinking of transferring from the Coastal to Central route @ Caminha.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

I’m seeing a lot of discussion on FB about the route out of Vigo. People are recommending taking a new bike path that starts at the Ascensor Halo and ends at Chapela because the official route is...
So I’d been given to understand in my pre-Camino research that one could just ask for a copo de agua (glass of water) which is basically tap water on the house. Since arriving in Portugal a few...
Starting a journey for me starts with the planning. This year everything aligned so here I am about to leave Canada to begin my 2nd Camino - the Portuguese Coastal. With three weeks to get my...
I'm planning to cross over from the Coastal to Central Camino at Caminha. I would appreciate any comments relating to this route from pilgrims that have done it. Is it better to split into two...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back