• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Baggage Transfer Help (Porto- Santiago, Central Route)

Fozzie

Time of past OR future Camino
May 2017
Hello All! I am starting walking 12 days from Porto to Santiago on the central route. I need to get my bag transferred from town to town. I would like to stay in the Municipal Albergues (Pilgrims Accommodation) BUT I have heard you cannot book the Municipal Albergues AND you CANNOT have your pack dropped off at them. I am stressing about this and could use some advice. I was thinking of getting my bag shipped to a "hotel" in each town and then just walk to the Municipal Albergue. . .thoughts?

I am using the John Briely Guide book but it seems the accommodation he has listed is limited.

Thanks Everyone.

Kim

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I doubt many hotels would appreciate having backpacks left in their lobby for them to look after only to have their owners show up to collect them and vanish, s'ending their € elsewhere.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
@JohnnieWalker, @wisepilgrim, @Albertinho , and @Rainerbernd may have some helpful advice for you. Welcome to the Forum, Kim, and Buen Camino.
Faith
I gave Kim allready an advise in another post here today.
I doubt many hotels would appreciate having backpacks left in their lobby for them to look after only to have their owners show up to collect them and vanish, s'ending their € elsewhere.
I agree with you Anemone. You cannot do so ! If anybody on the caminho should do so !

Most read last week in this forum

Bom dia dear pilgrims, I plan on returning to Portugal this summer, after walking the Salvador + Primitivo. I have a few questions: - What is the easiest way to get from SdC to Coimbra? I assume...
My final question since I have asked sooo many. Grabbing a light lunch that I can get on the go, hoping to grab it, and find a square or a bench to enjoy it, then get back to walking. Not really...
Hello everyone! My wife and I are doing our first Camino in Sept and I was very curious about the stretch from Tui to Pontevedra. We have been to Spain multiple times and love the small towns...
Dear all, I have done Camino Frances, Norte and Primitivo and would like to ask about Portuges. I have some soul-searching to do and would love to walk a part of it, unfortunately only a part...
We arrived in Lisbon yesterday, 48 hrs (by choice via Singapore, Milan and Madrid) after leaving home from regional South Australia. Train to Porto tomorrow hitting the pilgram path on Saturday to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back