• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Baggage transfer on Ingles

Ler627

Time of past OR future Camino
CF Apr-May 2018
(CP Apr-May 2022; CI May 2022)
Hi all, has anyone used a baggage transfer service on the Ingles? I’ll be walking with my 70+ yo mom this year and she’d like to send her bag ahead each day.

If yes, which service do you recommend? So far I’ve seen Camino Facil - any others?

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I have used Correos (Spanish Post Office) for group trips on the Ingles and the Portugues. Always been very good, easy to use and pretty cheap. I can't compare to Camino Facil as I have not used them at all.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I used Correos. Perfect. Never a problem. Just a tip: I read some advice about using a holdall to take the extra stuff, and send that on, so the good backpack is the one that is worn, just much lighter, but also well balanced. That makes so much sense. I wish I had done that, instead of the silly little scrunched up thing I used that had no more balance than the cat. I must say it (using Correos) made the whole venture possible. We also booked ahead, a new experience. At that time, pre-covid, and at a busy time, it was the only way I could be sure of having a bed at the end of the day without worrying every step of the way. I am around the age of your mother. One step at a time, and ultreia!

Note that Correos currently only serve the Ferrol arm of the Ingles not from A Coruna if that is your starting point, although you could use Correos from the meeting point at Bruma and onwards to Santiago.
Starting from Ferrol so not a problem. Is Correos bookable & payable online?

Yes, you can book online pay upfront. From the link that I added in my original reply just start typing Ferrol in the Starting Point text box and it should come up with C. Ingles/Ferrol. Add SdC as your end point and your starting dates and you can then select your accommodation in Ferrol as the first pick up. If you know your full accommodation itinerary then after the initial booking it is possible to add your full itinerary but if you do not know this yet, it is possible to add the next day's accommodation to your booking up to 8pm the previous evening.

From the Correos website:-

For online booking we only need to know which stage or stages of the Camino de Santiago you are going to walk, on what date you are going and the location of your first hostel or hotel. Next:

• If you have already planned all your stages and you also know the hostels and/or hotels you will be staying at, after making payment you can specify these and all your transfers will be arranged.
  • If you still don't know which hostel, guest house or hotel you are going to stay in, it's okay. You will be able to access your booking at any time and specify your accommodation. The service must be booked before 8:00 pm the day before the transfer.
Upon completing the booking you will receive an email with all the relevant details and a password in order to make any changes or provide more details about your accommodation.

The only thing I am unsure of is that if you are staying in a municipal albergue then the luggage may have to be left with a nearby location as I do not think that municipals accept luggage. Hopefully someone has used the service in this way recently can clarify or you can email to paqmochila@correos.com and get them to clarify. Their email answering service is very good. There is also a mobile contact number to call them on their contact page (avail 8am to 8pm).

Buen Camino

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
In the last albergue we stayed in, we saw pilgrims from other albergues call in for their packs, sent on by Correos. My deduction: you just need to give an accepted albergue address and Correos will deliver it there. Albergue owners know the score and cope with that.

I gave all my accommodation in the correos website and they sent me a PDF of the luggage tag, I have printed and laminated it, and I will attach to my luggage :)
Hope this helps!

A couple follow-up Q’a on Correos:
1. If not staying the night in Ferrol (we plan to bus from Santiago in the morning and then immediately start walking to Neda), how do we arrange pick up with Correos? Is it possible to ship her bag from Santiago to Neda instead?
2. For printing, did you print at home in advance or use a local printing option? Where can you print locally?

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi all, has anyone used a baggage transfer service on the Ingles? I’ll be walking with my 70+ yo mom this year and she’d like to send her bag ahead each day.

If yes, which service do you recommend? So far I’ve seen Camino Facil - any others?
Yes I used the Corres on the Ingles in 2018, was great.

A couple follow-up Q’a on Correos:
1. If not staying the night in Ferrol (we plan to bus from Santiago in the morning and then immediately start walking to Neda), how do we arrange pick up with Correos? Is it possible to ship her bag from Santiago to Neda instead?
2. For printing, did you print at home in advance or use a local printing option? Where can you print locally?

1) I'm not sure this will be possible. Correos require luggage to be dropped at hotel reception by 8am in order to be picked up and transported to your next overnight stop. I suspect Camino Facil will have similar arrangements.
Not sure what route the bus takes but if it happens to pass through and stop at Neda you could always jump off, drop your luggage at your overnight accommodation and then catch the next one to Ferrol or wander to the FEVE station at Xuvia and catch the next available train to Ferrol.
Last resort, pay for a taxi to transport the bag from Ferrol to Neda.

2) I printed at home and laminated the paper for waterproofing. It is worthwhile printing a few copies so if the label happens to be lost in transit you have a ready made replacement without having to find somewhere to print whilst on Camino. That said most accommodations have Correos labels that you can fill in by hand should you need to.

In the first instance, I would be inclined to email paqmochila@correos.com explain your travel arrangements and dates and where you need the luggage to be and on what day and see whether they can accommodate it. Correos do offer a service to transfer luggage to any Post Office along the Camino route but whether this is a same day service I'm not really sure. You obviously want to avoid your Mum's bag arriving in Neda on the day that you have walked out of it.

1) I'm not sure this will be possible. Correos require luggage to be dropped at hotel reception by 8am in order to be picked up and transported to your next overnight stop. I suspect Camino Facil will have similar arrangements.
Not sure what route the bus takes but if it happens to pass through and stop at Neda you could always jump off, drop your luggage at your overnight accommodation and then catch the next one to Ferrol or wander to the FEVE station at Xuvia and catch the next available train to Ferrol.
Last resort, pay for a taxi to transport the bag from Ferrol to Neda.

2) I printed at home and laminated the paper for waterproofing. It is worthwhile printing a few copies so if the label happens to be lost in transit you have a ready made replacement without having to find somewhere to print whilst on Camino. That said most accommodations have Correos labels that you can fill in by hand should you need to.

In the first instance, I would be inclined to email paqmochila@correos.com explain your travel arrangements and dates and where you need the luggage to be and on what day and see whether they can accommodate it. Correos do offer a service to transfer luggage to any Post Office along the Camino route but whether this is a same day service I'm not really sure. You obviously want to avoid your Mum's bag arriving in Neda on the day that you have walked out of it.
Thanks a lot - super helpful!!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Just checked the bus route and it doesn't stop in Neda unfortunately. It does stop in Pontedeume so again you could jump off, drop the luggage and catch the next one, assuming that your hostal in Pontedeume is happy to store it. You then just need to pack into your rucksack whatever you Mum needs for the one night in Neda. If Correos will ship luggage from Santiago out along the Camino Ingles then shipping it to Pontedeume would give you an extra's day's grace before you arrive there.

All of this is dependent on your bus times, the Correos opening times and whether you expect to be able to drop off and collect the luggage within those opening times.

Just checked the bus route and it doesn't stop in Neda unfortunately. It does stop in Pontedeume so again you could jump off, drop the luggage and catch the next one, assuming that your hostal in Pontedeume is happy to store it. You then just need to pack into your rucksack whatever you Mum needs for the one night in Neda. If Correos will ship luggage from Santiago out along the Camino Ingles then shipping it to Pontedeume would give you an extra's day's grace before you arrive there.

All of this is dependent on your bus times, the Correos opening times and whether you expect to be able to drop off and collect the luggage within those opening times.
Thanks so much for doing that extra check. I’ve just emailed Correos to ask about options. We’ll figure it out, I’m sure! Worst case: my mom should be able to carry her pack for one day if needed, or I can take on a bit more in my own pack for her.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

I just finished the Ingles on Sunday. Used Correos for the whole way. Book online. If you book 5+ transfers it is 5€ per transfer (a saving of 1€ per transfer). Great service. No issues

Hi, we Will do the Ingles from Ferrol next week.
Iv mailed, correos, camino fácil, and taxicaminoingles, only táxi camino ingles answer me. Its cheaper , 4,50€ instead o 5.
You could Also try it. Any way does any one know them?
Thank

Someone in our hotel in Betanzos tonight is using Caminofacil - I saw their SUITCASES in the reception when we checked in.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I highly recommend Correos for bag transfer. We used them from Ferrol to Santiago finishing on Monday last. Make sure to enter your accommodation on the label online. You can complete for entire trip or you can plan or change each day up to 8pm for the following days walk. Once we saw our bag at the first accommodation I never worried about it after that. Efficient service. Hint, after printing our label we laminated it before securing it to our bag. Buen camino.

Most read last week in this forum

So, I managed to lose my lovely Tilley hat. Left behind I think, in a shop in Cambre. Going back for it not an option as the place is closed today, Sunday. Am I destined to arrive in Santiago...
Beautiful walking weather on the Camino Ingles today

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back