• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Baggage transfer

docpam

Pam
Time of past OR future Camino
Lourdes, Aragonese May-June 2018 incomplete
I had an accident on the Aragonese last year. I want to go back and finish the walk next year and get closure. I hope to walk from Jaca to Puente de la Reina.
My body is frail.
Tour companies offer baggage transfers but they normally do 20kms per day which I do not believe I can walk.
I am not sure if I will be able to walk 10-15 kms with a backpack per day, going from albergue to albergue. The distance between albergues is about 10-15 which is okay, but adding the backpack will be problematic.
Are there facilities to have the backpack transferred? I have not been able to find any. ncsequipajes@gmail.com transfers bags from Sangüesa and they suggested I contact local taxis. I went to the postal service web site elcaminoconcorreos.com but it does not appear to do baggage transfers on the Aragon.
Suggestions for baggage transfers please or any other solution most welcome. Thank you.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I had an accident on the Aragonese last year. I want to go back and finish the walk next year and get closure. I hope to walk from Jaca to Puente de la Reina.
My body is frail.
Tour companies offer baggage transfers but they normally do 20kms per day which I do not believe I can walk.
I am not sure if I will be able to walk 10-15 kms with a backpack per day, going from albergue to albergue. The distance between albergues is about 10-15 which is okay, but adding the backpack will be problematic.
Are there facilities to have the backpack transferred? I have not been able to find any. ncsequipajes@gmail.com transfers bags from Sangüesa and they suggested I contact local taxis. I went to the postal service web site elcaminoconcorreos.com but it does not appear to do baggage transfers on the Aragon.
Suggestions for baggage transfers please or any other solution most welcome. Thank you.
CaminoFacil has transferred my baggage on my last three caminos without once screwing up. I heartily recommend them.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Suggestions for baggage transfers please or any other solution most welcome.

Hmm, couple of possible options:

1. Book pensions 10 to 15kms apart, so you need carry only the minimum (no sleep sack, no towel, only one change of clothes . . . ), or

2. Take a non-walking buddy with you who will take a taxi each day . . . and your pack.

Hmm, couple of possible options:

1. Book pensions 10 to 15kms apart, so you need carry only the minimum (no sleep sack, no towel, only one change of clothes . . . ), or

2. Take a non-walking buddy with you who will take a taxi each day . . . and your pack.
Re 1 - I do not think there are many pensions. According to Gronze there mainly seem to be albergues - few, if any pensions. But will definitely pack light.

You should be able to find places other than albergues by looking on normal sites, not specifically pilgrim sites. Tourist office can sometimes help here, and often hospitaleros. Also try booking.com and hostelworld for starters. Or you can do a taxi shuttle if the stages are too long for you

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I hope to walk from Jaca to Puente de la Reina.
My body is frail.
You have been on the Camino Aragones, so you know it is a great one! It should be the primary camino for starting to Santiago (IMHO). But it lacks the support for the "frail", though I doubt you really are! Doughty might be a better adjective. If you really need backpack support, either plan on the expense of taxis, or match your ability with another camino. :)

I am entering the phase of self discovery where I know I have limits. The four minute mile is now an impossibility.

Bully! Proud of you, because I know how badly you were injured....

But as to the transport question, I got nothing.... Correos, maybe?

Correos does not run the service there.

I have been walking with a Zimmer frame / pram which is fine. But baggage and distance, or just distanceis problematic.

Have not decided yet. Am thinking. Maybe just go and plan on taxis, or good will.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Have now managed to get my shoes sorted out. After my accident in Jaca last year I have spent a long time strengthening the leg and getting my shoes sorted out. You see my one leg is now 2 cm shorter than the other. My left shoes have had the sole split and raised. The body is still a bit lob sided.
When you are out of alignment funny things can happen to bones, and that is why I do not want to walk long distances or carry my rucksack.
Nikes.jpg Sandals.jpg

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum

We are walking next September from Jaca to Santa Cilia and Sanguesa to Abinzado where according to Gronze there are several extended parts of 10-15km without services and would like to hear...
I'm walking the Aragones in April, probably starting in Somport. I'm trying to get an idea of the public transport I'll need. BTW, thanks to everyone for all the info in previous posts. I've...
An article yesterday about plans by the Government of Aragon to promote the Caminos which pass through the region. Better publicity for their albergues, improved signposting and the creation of a...
I've been working on stages from Oloron-Sainte-Marie, and have come up with this plan. I'm hoping that those experienced with this route can chime in on whether these stages sound reasonable, or...
Are there any rucksack services along the Aragones? I am walking the Frances with my daughter starting in Pamplona. I have six extra days before she arrives and I thought I spend them walking from...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back