• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Baggage transfer

Jim irish

Time of past OR future Camino
2014 sarria to muxia ,
2017 french way
Hello , I am travelling to spain for some time on the camino and was wondering if anyone could inform me if any baggage transfere companies are in operation at this time of year as im aware that xcaotrans doesnt begin till march 15th .
Thanks in advance
Ps Thanks ivar for the directions ....

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Hello , I am travelling to spain for some time on the camino and was wondering if anyone could inform me if any baggage transfere companies are in operation at this time of year as im aware that xcaotrans doesnt begin till march 15th .
Thanks in advance
Corerros transfers bags on the last 100 km of the Camino Frances.

Thank you falcon269 ...
Presantly reading some info on winter transfers etc that concur with your statement ...
Thanks for the prompt reply ....

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Thanks in advance

Correos may be a good option to look at. This describes their service as it applies to Camino de Santiago pilgrims and bag transfers:

Correos may be a good option to look at. This describes their service as it applies to Camino de Santiago pilgrims and bag transfers:

Thanks Davebugg .
Very informative !

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Both Xacotrans & Correos are excellent.
The Correos website and FB chat facility very user friendly too...
Buen Camino amigo!

It might also be helpful to remember that you can send a parcel by Correos for pickup at a post office a few days ahead. In other words, if daily transport isn't available, maybe you could plan around less frequent access to your bag.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hello from Porto - I am leaving tomorrow on the Central Route to Santiago. In 2019 used Correos from Roncevalles to Santiago and it was flawless. I provided them with a list of my daily stopovers and it worked flawlessly other than for one location where they couldn't get access to an apartment building I had booked. So they dropped my bag at the Post Office and let me know. In 2019 the cost was 4 Euros per stage - now it seems to be 5 euros. It seems in Portugal they don't service the Central Route only the Coastal Route (someone please confirm?).
However, Tuitrans will assist but only if it is the whole route from starting point to SDC but please note that they are much more expensive than Correos - I received a quote for 195 Euros for the 12 stages from Porto to SDC which (if my Maths is right) is at least 3 times the Correos price? I queried it with them but they didn't respond.
I guess I'll be humping it until Correos takes over? Enjoy your walks!

Most read last week in this forum

To me the most Dangerous stage on the Camino Frances was from Foncebadon to Ponferrada in the rain. Never forget the riverbed rocks from El Acebo to Ponferrada totally treacherous, seen several...
...I am on day eight of walking the Francés at the moment. It is quite busy. A lot of talk about beds (and the need to book ahead). I don't book. Today I tried really hard not to get a bed. I...
I started from Pamplona this morning for a quick week walking before starting service as a hospitalera next week back in Pamplona. The trail up to Alto de Perdón has only a few big puddles left...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
Ultreia, y'all! I am excited to start my first camino soon and have a question about the first time I use my Pilgrim's Passport. I have one already (purchased from Ivar) but was still planning to...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back