• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Baggage transfers on the via Podiensis

Alastair Calder

Ap Hamilton New Zealand
Time of past OR future Camino
Have completed San Jean to Santiago in 2015 and Porto Santiago 2017 PlanningVia Podiensis 2019
With the heatwave thinking may have my pack taken by baggage truck
Only have less than two weeks to go and just arrived Auvillar but some days 30 kms plus
Have all accommodation arranged
I have the contact phone for Transports Claudine - anyone used ? What’s cost ? How do you pay by card ? Can she be emailed ? I have supermarket bag which be ok for essentials to carry
Just thinking options of heatwave continues
Regards Alastair

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
That is a very good idea.
Transports Claudine charges 8 euros per bag per day. I have made arrangement by phone (in French - they may speak English) and given a card number over the phone.
transports.claudine@gmail.com

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
That is a very good idea.
Transports Claudine charges 8 euros per bag per day. I have made arrangement by phone (in French - they may speak English) and given a card number over the phone.
transports.claudine@gmail.com
Thanks Susan that’s great will see how weather plans out regards Alastair

My friend I was with used Claudine last summer. She called and they did speak English. She used cash, but think they may take credit cards, too.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I also used Transports Claudine, (in French, use Google Chrome to translate) though arranged via La Malle Postale.
Take it easy if you can! I walked 3 x 30-35 k days from Moissac in hot weather and had to take a day off in Condom.

With the heatwave thinking may have my pack taken by baggage truck
Only have less than two weeks to go and just arrived Auvillar but some days 30 kms plus
Have all accommodation arranged
I have the contact phone for Transports Claudine - anyone used ? What’s cost ? How do you pay by card ? Can she be emailed ? I have supermarket bag which be ok for essentials to carry
Just thinking options of heatwave continues
Regards Alastair
I used them from Figeac to SJPP as I injured my ankle. Put stuff into a fabric bag for them to transport and wore my pack with essential items only. Worked well. I phoned them and they registered me on the phone. I emailed them entire planner with accommodations and negotiated a price of 7.50 Euro per day. If you book accommodation day by day, you have to phone them every pm for pick up and drop off details for following day. When you want them to stop sending your pack, you call them and tell them and they take total off your credit card over the phone. I had no issues until after I paid up. We left bags with gite in SJPP for following day, while we crossed over to Roncesvalles. When we got back to SJPP Express Bourricot on Claudine's instructions, had picked up our unlabelled bags and taken them to Spain. Many calls, stress, email history etc later, Claudine accepted, they made a mistake and got our bags back. I will pack even lighter next time, as I will not do this again. I worried every day whether my bag would arrive...but it was a relief not carrying it...

Thanks to everyone for your most useful replies
It appears the worst of the heatwave has passed even some forecast of rain
Anyway have today walked the 34 k from Aire-sur-l’Adour to Arzacq- Arraziguet no problems so keep on as planned with another few 30 k plus days
I know that if I want relief I can arrange for baggage
It’s a great walk
Regards Alastair

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

We commenced walking the Via Podiensis on Saturday 13th April 2024. We are from Australia and find it easier to bring our stuff for the Camino in a suitcase, as we have extra clothes for before...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back