• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Baggage transport costs

A

Anemone del Camino

Pensiones are cheaper, the albergues are all mostly €6, luggage transfers available at €3 per bag, and drinks are cheaper.
!

Bag transport was 3Euros back in 2014, but not anymore. Aren't they charging 6 or so these days? I remember it was much cheaper as you got past Leon than at the start of the Frances, but I believe that was in the good old days.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Bag transport was 3Euros back in 2014, but not anymore. Aren't they charging 6 or so these days? I remember it was much cheaper as you got past Leon than at the start of the Frances, but I believe that was in the good old days.
In 2013 bag transport was €5..did it regress? Love when costs go down.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
It depends on WHERE you are on the trail. The cost is 3€ from Sarria to Santiago, but it's more up until that point. Here are last year's rates:

From SJPP to Roncesvalles, 8€
From Roncesvalles to Pamplona, 7€
From Pamplona to Burgos, 5-6€

Rates also vary from company to company. The Correos (Spanish Post Office) is less, and the same rate the whole way. If you book in advance with a company like Camino Facil, you may pay less, but you will be locked into your stages.

In my experience, Jacotrans is the most reliable service for choosing your stages as you go.

~ Nancy

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Oh wow! This is literally an answer to my prayers! I wonder if you could give me an idea - having not done this walk before - how it works about telling them where to deliver the bag? As you only figure out exactly where you're going to be i.e. at which hostel / albergue when you get there? (I'm doing the Camino Frances)

Choose the night before where you wish your pack to be taken.
Every albergue on the way has Correos instruction tags/envelopes. Fill in the tag, add money to the envelope and attach to your pack. The first time that you want to use the service ask the hospitalero for help booking your pick up. Eventually you can do it via a sms/text message.

Good luck and Buen camimo!

Last edited:
Choose the night before where you wish your pack to be taken.
Every albergue on the way has Correos instruction tags/envelopes. Fill in the tag, add money to the envelope and sttach to your pack. The first time that you want to use the service ask the hospitalero for help booking your pick up. Eventually you can do it via a sms/text message.

Good luck and Buen camimo!

Thank you for the quick response. I just want to be sure I understand - I understood that with most hostels / albergues you can't book them in advance. Do I just decide on one and send my pack there? Or do I need to choose somewhere that accepts bookings? Thanks again for the help!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
You do not need to choose only some place that accepts bookings!

With the Correos service you can always send to a municipal or parish place, pick up your backpack when you arrive and stay if space is available. For private places call to book a space the night or more before needed and then send your tagged bag directly on the day you wish. All bags are usually delivered to the front entrance "lobby" of each place.

Last edited:

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
One way or another, you need to see this movie! We were lucky enough this evening to attend the 'World Premiere' that was followed by a Q&A Session with: Writer / Director / Producer - Bill...
Did it make a difference in your short term, long term and lifetime? Did it change your soul..or chain it forevermore to some dusty track in Spain Are you in the ever present because of it, or...
I was looking at the wisepilgrim app for the Frances route and noticed that the distances don't always add up from one side to the other. Has anyone else noticed this? Am I being overly observant...
Today is Sunday and I finished my Camino from León on Friday. The thing is I am feeling off balanced. I feel like I am not done. Last night I started feeling anxious with the thought of going back...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back