• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Baggage transport on the Caminho Portugues

LAL

Time of past OR future Camino
I have walked the Camino France's from St Jean PDP to Santiago de Compostella in 2012. We plan to do th Portuguese Camino in ( October 2015 ) from Lisbon.
Hi peregrinos,
My wife and I are 66 and we are planning to walk the Portuguese Camino in October. We want to carry day packs but want to have another case which we want to be picked up and dropped off at the next stop each day. Has anyone seen a bag transfer service operating on the Portuguese Camino. We did the Frances Camino a few years ago and noticed that there were a number of companies that did this.
Hope to hear from someone soon. Jonathon

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi peregrinos,
My wife and I are 66 and we are planning to walk the Portuguese Camino in October. We want to carry day packs but want to have another case which we want to be picked up and dropped off at the next stop each day. Has anyone seen a bag transfer service operating on the Portuguese Camino. We did the Frances Camino a few years ago and noticed that there were a number of companies that did this.

Jonathon -- My partner and I are in our 70s and we will be starting from Porto on September 14. We will be using Tuitrans for baggage transport. You can reach them at info@transportedemochilas.com (also check www.transportedemochilas.com for information). Susana has been very responsive to our emails. The phone number is 646-982-902. You can stay in pilgrim albergues and they will tell you where they will leave the baggage, usually at the cafe next door. Our only concern is that they asked for payment in full for all our stages since I sent a list of where we hope to be staying. I emailed Susana that at our age we take one day at a time and would like to pay for each stage as we go! I hope that will be alright.

Tuitrans goes as far as Santiago, but after Santiago we will be using Carlos Villanueva (through to Finisterre and Muxia) who you can reach at transmochilavillanueva@gmail.com. His translator is Dolores and you can reach her at tel. 654-884-908. Our backpacking days are over as of this year so this is our first time using transport on a Camino route. As a result, I can't tell you much more about it. Buen Camino!

Ritaj

Hi peregrinos,

We did the Camino Portuguese last year, 2014, and started from Lisbon. From that point we did have problems finding packback transport services. It became easier as we passed Porto. What we had to do was use taxi services to transport, and for a while we walked with another couple and shared taxi expenses. One time a friend of someone who ran the hotel, where we stayed, took our bags for a smaller fee.
I know this is not the answer you were really asking for, but I thought I would share our experience just to give you a heads up on what might occur. The Camino from Lisbon to Porto is not as well set up like the back half, or the Camino Frances, although in terms of food and lodging there will not be a problem. I do hope you are able to resolve this.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

I would like to walk the river route in Tui next month. I can see on google maps exactly where it starts, but it seems a bit overgrown. Has anybody used this route this year or last year...
Hello, my friend of 50+ years and I are on our first Camino walk. We are looking for: 1) safe, comfortable hostels in Lisbon; 2) stages from Lisbon to Porto (via Tomar) in about 16 days...
Hi I have searched everywhere to see if there is a luggage service from Lisbon to Porto. I know there is from Porto to Santiago, but Lisbon ???. Thanks for any info.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back