• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Baggage transport to San Juan de Ortega

Don Kim

Time of past OR future Camino
I'm a senior walker on the camino and will be taking the Camino de Santiago Frances route this month.
I've made the reservation of all lodgings along the route by the Booking.Com except one location, San Juan de Ortega.
I'm wondering if I can still use the baggage transfer service to this albergue( Albergue Monastery in San Juan de Ortega) which is not reserved. I have e-mailed to this place asking if they take the backpack for non-reserved pilgrim and have not received any their answer yet. Any suggestions or advices regarding to this matter will be appreciated.
BUEN CAMINO!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
You can contact the transport company that you plan to use and ask if they deliver there. If not, ask if they have an alternate delivery point in town.

There is a nice hotel/hostel in San Juan de Ortega that you can reserve in booking.com. I stayed there and was glad I did because I heard the albergue was cold (October)

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I stayed in La Henera in San Juan Ortega in September and the baggage services pick up and drop off in the lobby. The rooms were decent and the owners own the bar in town which has a nice evening meal.

The albergue at San Juan de Ortega.is quite Spartan. However on the Gronze list this newer place which is a private albergue does take reservations.

You might be more comfortable staying in the private albergue and you will be able to ask via email if they will accept bags.

Good luck with your plans and
Buen camino!

I did a quick check of one company, Caminofacil. It looks like they will drop off/ pick up bags at the Albergue Monastery. Other companies probably also do.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
With all Respect Due and given another thread that is centered on luggage transfer, why would one direct any Transport Company to take one's luggage to an Albergue where one has no reservation?

With all Respect Due and given another thread that is centered on luggage transfer, why would one direct any Transport Company to take one's luggage to an Albergue where one has no reservation?
One might do it because one really wants to stay at that albergue (for whatever reasons) but they don't take reservations.

@C clearly - Yes of course, but I was merely pointing out that given a slew of various issues that other Forum Members reported IMHO its a bit, shall we say, "murky" to do so - some "whatifs" may creep in. I personally would not do it, and again thats just MHO.
this all :)

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hi I have a question regarding regulations in French airports on what is allowed to bring as carry on luggage. I have a small lightweight Victorinox SD multitool including a small knife that is...
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...
I read that municipal auberges will not accept luggage transferred by courier. Is this correct, if so is there a way around this? I prefer to stay at municipal auberges and carry my backpack since...
Hello, we are a family of 5 travelling from Australia on a 7 week trip of Europe. We are walking the first few stages of CF from SJPdP to Pamplona only. I've been searching the threads for info...
I’m planning to send to Santiago a smaller bag with things I need for the flight, extra days pre/post Camino, and whatever else I decide that I won’t need. I could send it from Roncesvalles...
I am having difficulty finding out how to get to Belorado from Madrid airport. Arriving 6/1 at about 8 a.m. at airport. After customs and baggage claim, it should be about 9:30 a.m. Willing to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.