• PLEASE NOTE: Please think twice before you travel to Spain now. More here.

Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Banos de Montemayor to Madrid

Cecilia

Hi,
Any suggestions-- bus lines, train-- to return to Madrid from stages around Banos de Montemayor? Not sure if Banos is my last stage, but somewhere close to it. I'm trying to set the strategy for heading back home in May after walking Vde la Plata for a few weeks. My flight departs from Madrid. Thanks, and Buen Camino.

Cecilia

JohnnieWalker

Nunca se camina solo
Cecilia - Banos is a popular "resort" I'm nearly certain there will be a bus or train connection with Madrid.

This seems to confirm the train - http://www.trenzamora.es/Lineaszamora/Horarios.asp

And a google search makes reference to buses (Alsa) to Madrid.

I'd be confident you will get transport - if not direct then certainly from Salamanca which is only 84 k ahead. I've travelled to there and back a few times the bus connection with madrid is excellent.

William Marques

Staff member
Banos is a lovely old spa resort where the very old (average age 85) go for restorative water treatments. Perhaps what we all need after a camino. It is a lovely old town on the main road between Caceres and Salamanca just before the pass out of Extremadura into Castilla Leon..

Plasencia a day or two south of Banos is another lovely and much larger town with good connections and while the maps seem to show a train line to Banos I do not remember it but then I was not looking for a station there.

MermaidLilli

Limping into Banos de Montemayor I knew I had to stop. I took a bus from there to Madrid. The bus stop is across the street from the gas station. The hours are posted there. Several buses run daily.
I took a bus back and kept walking from there 3 weeks later.
Lillian

Advertisement

Booking.com

Latest posts