Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bar in Belesar

Ribeirasacra

Time of past OR future Camino
the highway
It is open again. No food begin served yet as the kitchen needs to be refurbished. The new owner does not know when that will be completed.
Went in the other day and it all looks very empty. Table and chairs indoors, no outside seating, no canopy either. No decorations on the wall.
It is not clear if the name remains the same.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I hope to see it, and looking better, at the beginning of June, thanks for the information!

It is open again. No food begin served yet as the kitchen needs to be refurbished. The new owner does not know when that will be completed.
Went in the other day and it all looks very empty. Table and chairs indoors, no outside seating, no canopy either. No decorations on the wall.
It is not clear if the name remains the same.
Is this where the Abaceira o Batuxo was then? Where the catamarans for the river cruises leave from?

Last edited:
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I remember only one rather posh bar/restaurant in Belesar right by the river. And two wineries higher up on the other side of Mino. I guess it's the one by the river. Or is there another one?

I remember only one rather posh bar/restaurant in Belesar right by the river. And two wineries higher up on the other side of Mino. I guess it's the one by the river. Or is there another one?
Abaceira o Batuxo was down at the bottom, from where the cruise boats leave. Halfway up the other side there's a beautiful Adega, as well as a winery. That was one tough stage, especially as it was around 35 degrees when I first walked it!

Is this where the Abaceira o Batuxo was then? Where the catamarans for the river cruis leave from?
Yes that is correct. I get a feeling it will not be the same again. I personally would never call it posh. But certainly the standards of perpetration were above the average one encounters around here.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Yes that is correct. I get a feeling it will not be the same again. I personally would never call it posh. But certainly the standards of perpetration were above the average one encounters around here.
On my first Invierno, when I got to Belesar the Abaceira o Batuxo was still not open (I had stayed the night in Escairón), but I sat on their terrace and chilled out (it was really hot). They eventually arrived, and the owner's partner recognised me from the previous evening, when I'd used the Internet in the public library in Escairón.

I stopped for a much-needed beer in the beautiful Adega halfway up the other side. The smells coming out of the kitchen were really tempting, but it was early and I wanted to get to Chantada by lunchtime. I was rewarded with an excellent meal out back in Mesón Lucus!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
yes it was reopened. But food is very limited, from reports. Same name.
It's never been particularly pilgrim-friendly, and they always opened fairly late. I did once manage to get a drink there when I stopped for the previous night in Escairón and walked to Diomondi and down to Belesar, but that was because the guy's girlfriend recognised me from the previous evening when I used the Internet in the library in Escairón!

A much better option is the Meson e Adega do Veiga, up the other side of the river. If you're lucky, you might find the Via Romana Bodega (just before the Meson) open; they do wine tastings, but they'll also serve you a glass (or several!).

Meson Lucus in Chantada is definitely open, and has a Facebook page.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.