• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bar with food in Bruma

Time of past OR future Camino
Arles Route (1997) Portuguese Route (1998) Camino Primitivo - incomplete (1999) Camino Ingles (2016)
I am not sure if this has been mentioned on here but there is a Bar in Bruma which serves food. It is called the Casa Grana and is between the Albergue and church at the end of the village on the left hand side of the Camino.

It is not mentioned in the current edition of JW's guide so came as a surprise to us. It was a much needed respite as it had rained with strong winds all day and we were nearly literally blown through the door! They do a Menu del Dia which for us on that day was hot vegetable soup followed by roast beef and roast potatoes - just what the doctor ordered :)IMG_2890.JPG

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
That sounds very good news - and new news, as it certainly wasn't there when I passed through in November.

I had foolishly assumed that a place once large enough to support a pilgrim hospital must be a fairly substantial settlement, rather than somewhere where the population of the albergue, if it was full, would probably outnumber the village. Fortunately I'd had a huge and excellent lunch at the Casa Julia in San Paio a couple of hours before Bruma.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I am not sure if this has been mentioned on here but there is a Bar in Bruma which serves food. It is called the Casa Grana and is between the Albergue and church at the end of the village on the left hand side of the Camino.

It is not mentioned in the current edition of JW's guide so came as a surprise to us. It was a much needed respite as it had rained with strong winds all day and we were nearly literally blown through the door! They do a Menu del Dia which for us on that day was hot vegetable soup followed by roast beef and roast potatoes - just what the doctor ordered :)View attachment 25098
I think it must be very new: not there last autumn. They will make a fortune!

I walked in March and missed this completely but it could have been because I turned right at the albergue and went to Meson Novo and then next morning followed the arrows on the road from there which come out further along the camino. But it probably would have been closed when I passed next day early on a Sunday morning. I will look out for it next time.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I'd be grateful if you would let me know their opening hours please.

Hi
I was in Bruma a week ago and I went to the restaurant. A friendly and welcoming place. I had two courses, a glass of redwine and a cup of cafe con leche for 8 euros.
They open at 7.30 in the morning for breakfast, I'm not sure at what hour they close, I was there at 6 o'clock.
Best regards.

I was there in May 2016. Lady who run the place is wonderful. Good food.
Don't quote me but I think she closes at 9 pm. I also ate dinner at 6 pm.
And, ate breakfast there. She will fix what you want for breakfast.

A'berg in Bruma. Nice guy runs the place. He loves to talk and talk and talk.
Good guy.
If clothes lines are full by A'berg you go across the street and hang your clothes on the fence. He will show you where to hang clothes.

He will not let you sleep outside in tent. Few slept out back in bivysacs after he left for the night.

Few nice people got up at 3:30 or around 4 am ! Turned lights on in kitchen area. Which also lights up the bunk area. Moved chairs around (the wooden chairs on hard floor makes a lot of noise). Slammed the exit door when going in and out to the bath room across the patio area. Nice folks. They were talking about making it all the way to Santiago that day. And final act was leaving the exit door open so all of us could get a dose of nice cold air. Wonderful.

Most read last week in this forum

So, I managed to lose my lovely Tilley hat. Left behind I think, in a shop in Cambre. Going back for it not an option as the place is closed today, Sunday. Am I destined to arrive in Santiago...
Beautiful walking weather on the Camino Ingles today
On one of the FB forums, someone asked about detouring to Fragas do Eume, just outside of Pontedeume, and it looks amazing. Since I'm splitting up Ferrol - Pontedeume into two days (taking the...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back