• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Barcelona Mistake?

barryoglick

Time of past OR future Camino
bogg1000
Hello!

I bought my ticket to Barcelona thinking that would be the closest to the start of the Camino Frances. I since read on this forum that Madrid would have been the best place to fly into. Too bad that I have a non refundable ticket! My question to the forum is this:

Would it be feasible to start my walk directly from the Barcelona airport and simply intersect with the Camino Frances? May as well start walking as soon as I get there, rather than hop on buses or trains, but I am asking the experienced members of this forum if this sounds realistic or stupid.

Thanks for any info!

Warm Regards,

Barry

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
It's certainly feasible, but it will add a few weeks extra-- it's 17 extra days if you head up the Ebro to Logrono, which is on the Camino Francese. The 10 days to Zaragoza aren't very exciting, and you will be one of the few pilgrims on that stretch. The other route, which goes through Catalonia up to Huesca in Aragon, and then over the sierra to Jaca and the Camino Aragones, joins on to the Camino Frances at Puenta la Reina--- it's an extra 19 days of walking. You might well be the only pilgrim you will see until Jaca, but it's a remarkable walk.

Another option is to train/bus from Barcelona to Zaragoza, and walking the 7 days from there along the Ebro river. It's fairly flat, and there are services easily available. You'll be seeing a part of Spain which few pilgrims get to visit, and you can settle into a walking rhythm on your own.

But if your time is tighter than that, you're likely best off just taking the train or bus to Pamplona, and continuing from there.

Hi Barry, the short answer to your question is yes, you can start from the airport and walk to Santiago. Try https://www.gronze.com/#todos for possible routes and then all the different route information available on the forum.

Much will depend on how much time you have, your budget and how far you can walk. Otherwise a train to Pamplona is a fairly easy option.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi, Barry,

Where does Camino Frances starts? There's no official start but many think it's St.Jean Pied de Port. To get there the closest airport is Biarritz.
But you can either bus, train or fly to Biarritz or Pamplona and get there.

If you want to start walking in Barcelona there's Cami Catala but it will take you days to intersect with Frances. See this map for wider picture: http://www.rayyrosa.com/loscaminos

Buen Camino ;)

Do not despair...too early to throw yourself on the sword...

https://www.rome2rio.com/map/Barcelona/Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port

and chose your manner of intinerary..
Barcelona is a good, cheap port of entry to fly to. - Usuallly.

Middle solutions are to go to Roncevalles and start there..or Pamplona
Are you stressed for time, start in Pamplona.
If not, the last leg going through the vally sections close to the Valcarlos route is spectular...
Now get to work and plan it !

nunquam redono - Don´t (ever) quit !

Last edited:
My wife and I purposely chose to fly into Barcelona in order to see the Montserrat Monastery (a short train ride out of town and the start of the traditional Camino Catalan). From there, taking buses to Jaca to walk the Camino Aragones enroute to the Camino Frances.

In short, YOUR Camino can be whatever you want it to be - use GRONZE to determine a route that suits your available days and interests. There's no prize for not skipping stages, so find the path that works for you.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
There's no prize for not skipping stages

There is, but it's one that the Camino and you yourself provide ...

Starting at Barcelona, and turning your ticket mistake into a plan, sounds like a great idea !!

I would suggest the Ebro Way though, up through Montserrat, Lleida, Zaragoza to Logroño.

I'd also suggest not listening to people about skipping or busing any so-called "boring" or "not exciting" bits, the whole experience is what makes this a pilgrimage rather than just a touristy long-distance hike.

And no, the Camino Catalán doesn't "start" in Montserrat any more than the Francès might "start" in SJPP ... starting instead right at the airport is a great idea, and the best way up to the Camino from that point is likely via L'Hospitalet de Llobregat then up to Valldoreix -- the quickest way up to Montserrat would be easier, but also dense with traffic. Or you might come up with your own way to reach the Camino through the Natural Park ...

My understanding is also that the route via Huesca and Jaca is the tougher, more mountainous option, but who knows, maybe that's what you want ?

As for how many days it would take, well really you'll be the only one who'll know that once you reach Logroño .... it's about 300 K longer than the Camino from SJPP, so that depending how fast or slow of a walker you are, the extra time needed could be anything between a week + and 15-20 days.

Buen Camino !!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
hi Barry. You can add in another idea. Look up Blablacar. It is a web based car sharing option. You have to register with some pertinent details. Then you can either post what you want, or find a driver and vehicle going to where you want to go. I did that from Bilbao to Pamplona and it worked a treat. I paid less than the bus fare, but the key thing for me was time, and that was worth its weight in gold.

Would it be feasible to start my walk directly from the Barcelona airport and simply intersect with the Camino Frances? May as well start walking as soon as I get there, rather than hop on buses or trains, but I am asking the experienced members of this forum if this sounds realistic or stupid.
It's feasible and might be well something I might do BUT: are you familiar with Spain and camino-ing or is this a first for you? If the latter, just post your arrival time and I'm sure forum members will help you with your further planning if you don't feel confident to collect all the information through https://www.rome2rio.com/map/Barcelona/Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port as suggested by @Stivandrer.

I'd probably take a train to Pamplona and then a bus to SJPP. If there are considerable delays between connections, I'd explore Barcelona and/or Pamplona. One of the ideas of the whole thing is - at least for many - to slow down so why rush to get to the start. :cool:

Buena suerte (Spanish for Good luck)!

Last edited:
When I was in Barcelona I couldn't find a pedestrian walk way out of the airport. Caught a local bus into our hotel. Cheap then We trained it to leon but if you have lots of time.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
When I was in Barcelona I couldn't find a pedestrian walk way out of the airport. Caught a local bus into our hotel. Cheap then We trained it to leon but if you have lots of time.

Airports are awful in that respect, but such walkways & small access roads do always exist, at the very least to allow people living locally who have jobs there to be able to just walk or moped or easily drive in to and out from work every morning and evening. Much like motorway employee access roads.

But very often, especially at major international airports, the easiest and simplest access routes that one could use are deliberately disguised to be hard to know about by any others than genuine locals. And for good reason, nobody sensible wants such routes to be permanently clogged up by traffic jams !!!

How to walk into or out of or simply around the outer fence of an airport does require a degree of experience and positive imagination and compromise, especially BTW when it's a military one.

An experienced pilgrim, used to hiking off the beaten path, should one way or another be able to make a way in such conditions, but a first-timer or less experienced one, or simply one arriving already somewhat bewildered and possibly jet-lagged from out of a flight in, might not.

There's nearly always a VERY local bus service though, for locals, that you will systematically be discouraged away from, even to the point of lies about its very existence -- if you can't find a walkway out, look at least for that, and if you have any manner of a "purist" disposition, get off at the very first stop ...

It's certainly feasible, but it will add a few weeks extra-- it's 17 extra days if you head up the Ebro to Logrono, which is on the Camino Francese. The 10 days to Zaragoza aren't very exciting, and you will be one of the few pilgrims on that stretch. The other route, which goes through Catalonia up to Huesca in Aragon, and then over the sierra to Jaca and the Camino Aragones, joins on to the Camino Frances at Puenta la Reina--- it's an extra 19 days of walking. You might well be the only pilgrim you will see until Jaca, but it's a remarkable walk.

Another option is to train/bus from Barcelona to Zaragoza, and walking the 7 days from there along the Ebro river. It's fairly flat, and there are services easily available. You'll be seeing a part of Spain which few pilgrims get to visit, and you can settle into a walking rhythm on your own.

But if your time is tighter than that, you're likely best off just taking the train or bus to Pamplona, and continuing from there.

Hi and thank you for your reply. I wanted to start from SJPP because I purchased a passport from CSJ and told them I would be leaving from SJPP. I am very much a newbie at all this, so I don't know if that even matters. I don't even know if I had to buy the passport. I don't even know how it works. But just because I stated my point of departure doesn't mean I HAVE to leave from SJPP, does it?

Hi Barry, the short answer to your question is yes, you can start from the airport and walk to Santiago. Try https://www.gronze.com/#todos for possible routes and then all the different route information available on the forum.

Much will depend on how much time you have, your budget and how far you can walk. Otherwise a train to Pamplona is a fairly easy option.

Hello Tincatinker!

I think I do have to consider the time, or may come home to a very unhappy wife! So, I think I will bus, train, or hitchhike to Pamplona or SJPP. Thanks for your advice!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi, Barry,

Where does Camino Frances starts? There's no official start but many think it's St.Jean Pied de Port. To get there the closest airport is Biarritz.
But you can either bus, train or fly to Biarritz or Pamplona and get there.

If you want to start walking in Barcelona there's Cami Catala but it will take you days to intersect with Frances. See this map for wider picture: http://www.rayyrosa.com/loscaminos

Buen Camino ;)

Thank you, KinkyOne, for your suggestion!

It's feasible and might be well something I might do BUT: are you familiar with Spain and camino-ing or is this a first for you? If the latter, just post your arrival time and I'm sure forum members will help you with your further planning if you don't feel confident to collect all the information through https://www.rome2rio.com/map/Barcelona/Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port as suggested by @Stivandrer.

I'd probably take a train to Pamplona and then a bus to SJPP. If there are considerable delays between connections, I'd explore Barcelona and/or Pamplona. One of the ideas of the whole thing is - at least for many - to slow down so why rush to get to the start. :cool:

Buena suerte (Spanish for Good luck)!

Thanks for your input. Are buses and trains readily available to Pamplona, SJPP? Expensive? What do you think of hitchiking? I haven't done it in 40 years. I'm 69 now. Advisable? Or not?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi and thank you for your reply. I wanted to start from SJPP because I purchased a passport from CSJ and told them I would be leaving from SJPP. I am very much a newbie at all this, so I don't know if that even matters. I don't even know if I had to buy the passport. I don't even know how it works. But just because I stated my point of departure doesn't mean I HAVE to leave from SJPP, does it?

No, it doesn't.

What does everyone feel about hitchiking to Pamplona or SJPP?

Hitchhiking in Spain is very difficult indeed, and murderously so in Catalonia.

Getting the bus up to Pamplona wouldn't just be quicker and easier, it would likely also turn out cheaper, as just the food you'd need on the hitchhike (which most likely would take several days) would be liable to cost more than the bus fare.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Thanks for your input. Are buses and trains readily available to Pamplona, SJPP? Expensive? What do you think of hitchiking? I haven't done it in 40 years. I'm 69 now. Advisable? Or not?
Trains and buses are the easiest and perhaps even quickest way (except for going by car). Price will depend on various factors (possible discounts; early bird fares, etc); some timetables and fares are not yet published for June 2018 when you will be walking.

When I put some dates into the links provided by https://www.rome2rio.com/map/Barcelona/Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port , I got a price of about 50 EUR for a bus trip, consisting of the bus from the airport to the bus station in Barcelona, the bus from there to the bus station in Pamplona and then another bus to SJPP.

I personally wouldn't even consider hitchhiking for a number of reasons and have no experience but I imagine that it is quite a logistical hassle to find and get to the stops where you are most likely to be picked up. It's not just one road / motorway that leads out of Barcelona, for example.

Last edited:
Hello!

I bought my ticket to Barcelona thinking that would be the closest to the start of the Camino Frances. I since read on this forum that Madrid would have been the best place to fly into. Too bad that I have a non refundable ticket! My question to the forum is this:

Thanks for any info!

Warm Regards,

Barry

You could start from Barcelona but I wouldn't recommend it, will take weeks and you will not have much of company on that stretch and it would be very inconvenient regarding accomodation and food. Better jump on a bus or a train and start in Roncesvalles or SJPP. I flew into Barcelona and took a train to Pamplona, and then a cab to Roncesvalles.

Hello!

Thanks for any info!

Warm Regards,

Barry
Lots of people choose to fly into Barcelona. Not a mistake at all. As others have mentioned, use Rome2Rio.com to find transportation options to SJPDP.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Your starting point is your front door. The pilgrim's credencial identifies you as a pilgrim and then gets you access to the network of albergues along the way and, stamped at every stop (and twice a day in the final 100km), can make you eligible to receive the compostela or certificate of pilgrimage once you get to Santiago. It's also a great souvenir. From looking at your other posts, I really think you should just get the bus or train to Pamplona, and walk from there-- backtracking to SJPP would mean another day unless you have a strong desire to cross the Pyrenees.

Getting rides in Spain is almost impossible on the main roads, although locals will quite happily pick you up on country roads. The buses are relatively inexpensive and good quality. I like the Spanish trains which are very comfortable and, compared with North America & the UK, dirt-cheap. Note that travellers over 60 can buy a discount card, called the tarjeta dorada, which will give you serious cuts in train fare.

What does everyone feel about hitchiking to Pamplona or SJPP?
You could look at Bla Bla Car on line and see if you can get a lift that way. Probably safer / more direct than hitch hiking.

So, if you do not have all the time in the world, start where you like, not necessarily in SJPdP !

Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
It might be possible, but during my March 2017 attempt to walk without a guidebook from central Barcelona to the CF at e.g. Pamplona, via Monserrat, I encountered difficulties in securing overnight accomodations for the expanses after Balaguer.

From Barcelona to Monserrat and onwards to Igualada was very pleasant and interesting, with sufficient lodging places. I saw only one other long-distance hiker; he was in the distance ahead of me and might or might not have been a pilgrim. After Monserrat I was totally alone.

Between Igualada and Balaguer, overnight accomodations became more and more difficult to find, and while planning how to proceed beyond Balaguer, I was confronted with vast distances between lodging places, far in excess of what I could walk in a day. Perhaps accomodations are out there but my internet searches and study of Google Maps did not reveal them.

Due to this problem I decided to set aside the Catalonia portion of the pilgrimage for another time, and I took a train from Balaguer to Lleida, another to Pamplona, and a bus to SJPdP, and restarted my pilgimage there.

Between Igualada and Balaguer, overnight accomodations became more and more difficult to find, and while planning how to proceed beyond Balaguer, I was confronted with vast distances between lodging places, far in excess of what I could walk in a day. Perhaps accomodations are out there but my internet searches and study of Google Maps did not reveal them.

I've heard similar from several people -- though there's a tarmac variant around that stretch which would bring you through a couple of extra pueblos.

Hello!

Thanks for any info!

Warm Regards,

Barry

Hi, Barry, Welcome to the forum!

Though it may be a little easier to get to Pamplona from Madrid than Barcelona (with the same being true from Santiago on the way home), the trains and buses are exceptionally good in Spain and you will be able to get to Pamplona easily from Barcelona. From Pamplona, you can take a bus to SJPP (seasonal, so if you are walking out of season, it will be a cab).

It is true that the Camino Catalán goes from Montserrat (near Barcelona or a two day walk) and then intersects with the Aragonés near Jaca, and finally with the Francés in Puente la Reina. But if you look at a map, you will see that it will add weeks of walking. And I think the Camino Catalán is not the best for a "newbie" because it is very solitary.

So, not to fret, and as others have said, if you post your dates and times, there are lots of travel gurus on the forum who can help you plan a reasonable trip to your starting point. And btw, if you haven't been to Barcelona before, you might want to take a couple of days to enjoy it before starting, but that of course depends on time and interest.
Buen camino, Laurie

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi Barry
You can take a train any day from Barcelona Saints station to Pamplona, Burgos, Sahagun, , Leon, Astorga, Ponferrada, Ourense and on to Santiago.
All these are potential starting points for your Camino.
The train has a scheduled connection at Montes de Lemos? for Sarria as well.

Buen camino
Mike C

If you book Iberia Air far in advance, you can often get an unbelievably cheap airfare to Biarritz BIQ. From there, there are busses and taxis, including Express Bourricot (for about $18 US in Fall 2017).

And I so regret not going to Barcelona!

Hi Barry,
I have purposely arrived in Barcelona and taken a cab to SJPP right from the airport. Yes, it does cost a bit more than a bus ($120 USD), but it was direct, clean and comfortable. I can say with almost 99% assurity you may also meet up with others on the plane or in the airport that may share a cab with you there. You could also post here that you might be looking for someone to share the cost. All in all there is no need, as others have mentioned, to throw your plans down the drain over a minor mistake.

Buen Camino !

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi Barry,
I have purposely arrived in Barcelona and taken a cab to SJPP right from the airport. Yes, it does cost a bit more than a bus ($120 USD), but it was direct, clean and comfortable. I can say with almost 99% assurity you may also meet up with others on the plane or in the airport that may share a cab with you there. You could also post here that you might be looking for someone to share the cost. All in all there is no need, as others have mentioned, to throw your plans down the drain over a minor mistake.

Buen Camino !
That's not a bad price. Last year my fried and I paid €100 for a taxi from Pamplona to St Jean. How long did it take?

Hello Trecile,
It took several hours, but the exact time I am not sure of. It really was a no brainer for me to do it this way since I knew the driver does this route day in and day out and he knew exactly where I was going in SJPP. I figured by paying a bit more it would alleviate the issue of trying to find where I was going.

Hello Trecile,
It took several hours, but the exact time I am not sure of. It really was a no brainer for me to do it this way since I knew the driver does this route day in and day out and he knew exactly where I was going in SJPP. I figured by paying a bit more it would alleviate the issue of trying to find where I was going.
I guess that I'm also a bit surprised that a taxi driver would take you on such a long journey so far from his home. It's not something that I would have thought of.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hello!

Thanks for any info!

Warm Regards,

Barry
I fly into BCN everytime I fly into Spain. I stay with my fiancee who lives just outside of BCN. I traveled by train and bus to get to SJPdP in one day. Walking from BCN is in my future plans but it will ad nearly half a month to the camino. Buen Camino.

"I'd also suggest not listening to people about skipping or busing any so-called "boring" or "not exciting" bits, the whole experience is what makes this a pilgrimage rather than just a touristy long-distance hike."

I could not agree more. Everyone's experience is different, often vastly so.

I guess that I'm also a bit surprised that a taxi driver would take you on such a long journey so far from his home. It's not something that I would have thought of.

This is not rare in Spain; many people have no cars, and when connexions with public transport are too troublesome or if the passengers are elderly, they will often book a taxi for long journeys.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
****I stand corrected on my previous statement of the taxi ride cost***
I was thinking Pamplona to SJPP NOT Barcelona to SJPP !!!!

Sorry for the misinformation..........................................

****I stand corrected on my previous statement of the taxi ride cost***
I was thinking Pamplona to SJPP NOT Barcelona to SJPP !!!!

Sorry for the misinformation..........................................
Do you recall what the actual price was?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Hello!

Thanks for any info!

Warm Regards,

Barry
We intentionally flew to Barcelona as we'd never been to Spain and then, since we were starting in Ponferrada for our first Camino, took the all day train across Spain to Ponferrada, passing through Zaragoza, Pamplona, and other cities mentioned above where you can easily connect with various Camino routes. If you've never been in Barcelona, you are in for a treat.
Buen Camino

Hello!

Thanks for any info!

Warm Regards,

Barry
Easy to catch a train to Pamplona and then a bus to SJPD.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Trecile,

Correct. I didnot. I misread the original statement (thinking Pamplona to SJPP). I actually took a train from Barcelona which was relatively inexpensive, clean and comfortable. I then took a cab from Pamplona to SJPP. It was about 120USD. Sorry for the error..........

My wife and I purposely chose to fly into Barcelona in order to see the Montserrat Monastery (a short train ride out of town and the start of the traditional Camino Catalan). From there, taking buses to Jaca to walk the Camino Aragones enroute to the Camino Frances.

In short, YOUR Camino can be whatever you want it to be - use GRONZE to determine a route that suits your available days and interests. There's no prize for not skipping stages, so find the path that works for you.
What is GRONZE? Sounds like a great resource.

What is GRONZE? Sounds like a great resource.

Www.gronze.com - it’s in Spanish, but you can access it through translate.google.com or similar sites to read it in English. Gives all the info you need on various routes including maps, elevations, housing, etc.

€46,-
Hi peregrinos, I to will start from Barcelona, my intention is to go by Cambrilis then Madrid and cutting across to join VDLP to Santiago and Fisterre to end in Muxia, I believe the hardest you make it the more spiritual rewording you get :). As is a new way for me I would appreciate any tips on places I could end up to sleep.:( thank you:)

Hello everyone; American senior-citizen-newbie-deluxe here. My travel buddy & I will fly into Barcelona on 1st Sept 2018. We are walkers, but have never done anything like this before, plus we are not Spanish speakers. Our return leg to Toronto is on 13th Oct. 2018, so we have 6 weeks to get the job done on the CF. Please be so kind as to detail how best to get to SJPdP from Barcelona Int'l. airport (BCN) and then back there from Finisterre or Santiago at trail's end in October. Any advice will be welcomed and appreciated!

Hello everyone; American senior-citizen-newbie-deluxe here. My travel buddy & I will fly into Barcelona on 1st Sept 2018. We are walkers, but have never done anything like this before, plus we are not Spanish speakers. Our return leg to Toronto is on 13th Oct. 2018, so we have 6 weeks to get the job done on the CF. Please be so kind as to detail how best to get to SJPdP from Barcelona Int'l. airport (BCN) and then back there from Finisterre or Santiago at trail's end in October. Any advice will be welcomed and appreciated!

https://www.rome2rio.com/map/Barcelona/St-Jean-Pied-de-Port-Station

I did this as outlined on various threads here and it was easy. Bought train ticket (Barca to Pamplona) online and failed to buy bus ticket online because the website is wacky. Just walked into the bus station in Pamplona and went up to the window and bought it in person. It was easy to identify (only a few bus companies have stands in the station and only one had a SJPdP sign) and easy to purchase.

Adding to the ease is that you will likely see a dozen or more other clueless people with backpacks looking for answers. There is knowledge in numbers.

In June 2016 we flew from Toronto to Madrid (the seat sale was good via Air Canada then) and then a cheap flight to Barcelona, as we wanted to see it before we began our Camino. We took the train from Barcelona Sants railway station to Ponferrada, passing through Pamplona on the way. Book as early as you can on the Renfe website to get the best fare. We had e-tickets on our phones but paper tickets are also issued. The site can be navigated in English, but you must select the English version on the site. We booked early and got quite reasonably priced seats in 1st class (economy would be just fine too) and its about 5-6 hours (if I recall correctly) to Pamplona. All seats are reserved. We were wise to visit a wonderful market the day before we left Barcelona and took beverages, cheese, bread, fruit and meats for our lunch on the train. There is a lovely dining car that served meals too. Buen Camino!

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Henrik and I will be coming down to SJPdP from Sweden on March 26 and start walking on March 27. I don't really have any experience and I'm not the best at planning and I'm a little...
When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back