• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Barcelona to Ferrol?

hel&scott

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2004 St Jean - Santiago, 2008 &18 Seville - Finesterre, 2010 Ferrol - Lisbon, 2012 from Cartehenga.
I am sure some bright spark has covered this before, but which is the best way to get to Ferrol from Barcelona.

We have used train from Santiago to Barcelona several times (a bit of a haul but not bad overnight trip)... but from what we can tell it's better to get a Ryanair flight into Santiago or a Clickair flight into A Coruna and bus from there to Ferrol... Any suggestions?

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
This might help when deciding how to continue from Barcelona.
Barcelona has 3 airports:
1. Barcelona International El Prat 10 kms from the city.
2. Reus is situated about 100 kms south-west of Barcelona.
3. Girona about 100 kms north of Barcelona (actually both R anf G in other smaller cities).
But they are still referred as Barcelona airports when you for instance book tickets.

A flight to SDC:
Ryanair uses all three but to SDC you can fly from El Prat and Reus.
Vueling from El Prat.
Spanair from El Prat.
Personally I will be using Spanair from El Prat next time, hopefully in October.
Spanair is cheap and has no extra fees or small text and rules to be read carefully before you get onboard. (I am really not a fan of Ryanair - have not used their services yet).
buen camino
annie

ps: Flying to A Coruna; Clickair and Spanair from Barcelona International.
Or night train or what about the buses...
http://www.flylowcostairlines.org/low-c ... b_send%5D=

You could fly.

Or, if you have time, you could hire a car and drive across the camino to Lugo - leave the car there are get a bus to el Ferrol.

Or, you could get a train to Irun and then take the narrow guage train between Hendaye and el Ferrol.

Or you can take the overnight ALSA bus to Lugo and get a bus to Ferrol.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
anniethenurse said:
Barcelona has 3 airports

Useful to note, I've always tended to take the train out of Barcelona but thought it likely it had another domestic terminal... Must make a note of which when booking.

No direct flights to Ferrol so will have to do a mix.. I note from Johnnies guide that it's probably easiest to fly to A Coruña and catch a bus to Ferrol. Apparently the airport bus from A Coruña stops at the bus station to Ferrol, looks like buses run hourly (on the half hour Mon to Fri).

Why is Barcelona the international flight hub - but Madrid is the train hub? Go figure?

Cheers

Most read last week in this forum

So, I managed to lose my lovely Tilley hat. Left behind I think, in a shop in Cambre. Going back for it not an option as the place is closed today, Sunday. Am I destined to arrive in Santiago...
Beautiful walking weather on the Camino Ingles today
On one of the FB forums, someone asked about detouring to Fragas do Eume, just outside of Pontedeume, and it looks amazing. Since I'm splitting up Ferrol - Pontedeume into two days (taking the...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back