• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Barcelona to La Coruna/Santiago

windeatt

Help. I am trying to arrange a flight for my husband and friend from Barcelona to Galicia (preferably La Coruna) on 2nd July. I am sure when I looked a while ago I remember seeing lots of afternoon flights at a very reasonable cost.

Now the only suitable flight (Spanair) is going to cost a grand total of 456 Euros! This is more than I am paying for four of us to fly back from La Coruna via Barcelona to UK. I've checked Click Air, Vueling and Spanair. Are there any other airlines/options I may have missed?

Unfortunately I have painted myself into a corner because I have already booked the flight to Barcelona on July 2nd and a hotel in El Ferrol for the same night.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Thanks for your help - now a question about taxis?

Thanks very much.

Peter: yes, I found the Vueling flight - it would be great - but it leaves just a bit too early - husband's plane arrives Barcelona 13.20 - which doesn't allow enough time to collect baggage and check in for the Vueling one.

Ivar: Thanks also - I checked aireuropa which I didn't know about at all before. However, nothing suitable.

QUESTION ABOUT TAXIS:
I think I will just have to have him hang around in Barcelona airport for hours and catch the 8:00 pm plane which gets to La Coruna at 9:40 pm (that's still quite cheap). I found out that there are taxis from the airport at La Coruna to El Ferrol for about 60 E. This sounds good. But does anyone know if taxis are easily available for that distance at that time of night? Should I/Can I book one in advance?

Re: Thanks for your help - now a question about taxis?

windeatt said:
Peter: yes, I found the Vueling flight - it would be great - but it leaves just a bit too early

ah well, you're just too choosy ;-)

windeatt said:
does anyone know if taxis are easily available for that distance at that time of night? Should I/Can I book one in advance?

shouldn't be a problem - plenty of business people arrive on evening flights looking for taxis; ask at the airport information about booking aena.es
Make sure you agree a price before getting into the taxi!

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!

Most read last week in this forum

I am 82 years old. I have walked all but 250k of the Camino Frances alone, carrying my pack and staying in communal aubergues in 2017 and 18 and loving it! I am now on a mission to walk the final...
Hi I have a question regarding regulations in French airports on what is allowed to bring as carry on luggage. I have a small lightweight Victorinox SD multitool including a small knife that is...
I have been looking every day for weeks and weeks to purchase tickets from Santiago to Segovia at the end of my Camino on May 13th and was getting concerned as on both the Renfe and Trainline...
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...
Hi All, My girlfriend and I are planning to do the Camino Primitivo. I'll be honest here; I'm not entirely sure how far we'll get, but Caminoways says that the entire route can be done in 15...
Hello, we are a family of 5 travelling from Australia on a 7 week trip of Europe. We are walking the first few stages of CF from SJPdP to Pamplona only. I've been searching the threads for info...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back