• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Barcelona to Santiago

Janeh

My husband is meeting me after my camino in Santiago, he will be flying into Barcelona first. We have checked out airlines to Santiago, but has anyone had experience catching a bus or train from Barcelona to Santiago and if so, how long did it take and do you remember the cost?
If he chooses to fly he isn't able to make the Veuling connection and so will have a big wait then have to fly via Madrid. A lot of travelling and waiting around. We thought perhaps a train or bus could be less hassle?
I'd appreciate any advice.
Also, I have tried finding the post you put up a while ago Ivar in regards to when your mother flies from Norway - but perhaps that was flying from Madrid to Santiago and not Barcelona?
thanks everyone, Jane :D

A selection of Camino Jewellery
thanks for your reply Ivar. Are you able to advise which airline - Vueling or ClickAir is the safest of the two. I have not heard of either - are they both airlines within spain? Do you know which one has the safest record? :D many thanks, Jane

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Both of them are safe. Click Air is owned by Iberia. Vueling uses brand new planes. Both of them are relatively new airlines, Vueling started about 4-5 years ago, ClickAir started last year. As far as I know no one has had any accidents, at least none that has been reported in the media.

I would take the one that fits your schedule best. No worries. :)

Saludos,
Ivar

thanks Ivar, I will do as you suggested.
It's 2.30am here in australia and it's raining - a wonderful sound for the drought! Cheers, Jane

Most read last week in this forum

Last year made the mistake of travelling after the 500k walk to Porto and Barcelona and Cadaqués then the UK.(All amazing) but I was too tired to make the most of it. So this year I’m lucky...
I trying to purchase my one way ticket from Santiago de Compostela to Porto.I cannot find any info on bringing my luggage with me( a small carry on and a knapsack) anyone taken this bus? Can I...
Trying to determine best way from Madrid airport to Leon? Thank you
Beginning March 1, my husband and I walked from Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Astorga on the CF. Prior to our trip, I had contracted with Jacotrans to move our bags for 21 straight days...
Just saw a press release from Correos announcing that they will be offering a left luggage service at all of their 2,000+ offices throughout Spain. For up to 15 days at a time...
Hi All, I have booked a walking week away from home arriving in Porto on 9th May at 19.10 (all being well). My initial intention was travel to Vigo by train and walk to Santiago, returning to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back