• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Barcelona to SJPDP

MargaretD

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino de Santiago (2020)
Was wondering how to get from Barcelona to SJPDP in August. What I have read seems a bit old and when I start investigating buses and trains seem to have changed times or become non-existent. This will be my first Camino so am a real newbie. Thank you :)

Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
There is a current thread on this exact topic - search for it! Updated a lot this past week. As for August, timetables may not have been posted yet - usually 90 days out.

Sorry, I missed that thread. I did do a search but it didn't come up. I only found "old" ones. The ones I found are for 2011, 2015 and 2018.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Edit: In 2022 ALSA reported that service won't start until April.

Roughly the ALSA/CONDA schedule for the pre-covid years has been:

Jan No service
Feb No service
Mar 14:30
Apr 14:30 17:30
May 14:30 17:30
Jun 10:00 14:30 17:30
Jul 10:00 12:00 14:30 17:30
Aug 10:00 12:00 14:30 17:30
Sep 10:00 14:30 17:30
Oct 14:30 17:30
Nov No service
Dec No service

Last edited:
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
For our 2019 camino, my wife and I flew from the US to Barcelona. Spent one night there, caught a train to Pamplona, spent one night there. Then took an Alsa bus from Pamplona to St Jean. Not sure if things have changed since then. Return trip we flew from Santiago to Barcelona, spent one night there, then caught a plane back to the US. Bob

For our 2019 camino, my wife and I flew from the US to Barcelona. Spent one night there, caught a train to Pamplona, spent one night there. Then took an Alsa bus from Pamplona to St Jean. Not sure if things have changed since then. Return trip we flew from Santiago to Barcelona, spent one night there, then caught a plane back to the US. Bob
Same for me Bob, but from Australia in August 2018. Off the plane, straight to station. 320kmph train. Arrived Pamplona 10:30pm, then bus next morning to SJPdP. Cheers, Phil

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
OMIO is more updated
It's all running on the same aggregator so I'm not sure that any part can be more or less up-to-date than any other. Either the information is correct or it isn't. However the way the engines operate does still differ.

If you'd like to compare here are the current results from identical searches across both engines.

Was wondering how to get from Barcelona to SJPDP in August. What I have read seems a bit old and when I start investigating buses and trains seem to have changed times or become non-existent. This will be my first Camino so am a real newbie. Thank you :)
We took the train to Pamplona from Barcelona and then used the services of Express Bourricot. A luggage and transport service. Met at the airport but can meet anywhere they or you suggest. Shared with another 4 people and cost about 20€ each. https://www.expressbourricot.com/

It's all running on the same aggregator so I'm not sure that any part can be more or less up-to-date than any other. Either the information is correct or it isn't. However the way the engines operate does still differ.

If you'd like to compare here are the current results from identical searches across both engines.
Perhaps.
Maybe by "up to date" I mean for me it's easier to find the info I need.
When looking at a trip from Portland, Oregon to San Francisco, for example, I got these two screens.
The OMIO Screen makes looking at Trains, Buses, Flights a little easier for my tired brain to read compared to the Rome2Rio screen which seems outdated. But that's probably just me :)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-02-08 at 2.25.09 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-02-08 at 2.25.09 PM.png
    119.1 KB · Views: 3
  • Screen Shot 2022-02-08 at 2.24.55 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-02-08 at 2.24.55 PM.png
    120 KB · Views: 3
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
We took the train to Pamplona from Barcelona and then used the services of Express Bourricot. A luggage and transport service. Met at the airport but can meet anywhere they or you suggest. Shared with another 4 people and cost about 20€ each. https://www.expressbourricot.com/
Hi I did contact them on 8 February and this was their response. Maybe they have stopped that service?

Hello,
we don't offer the service of transport from Pamplona to st JPP.
We can do it from St JPP to Pamplona , but not from Pamplona to St JPP. We offer transport from st JPP as a morning shuttle to the mountain, transport of bags to Roncesvalles or Orisson, and direct bag's transfer to Santiago.

You can ask the service of transport from Pamplona to St JPP to this transport service at this email address: transporte.peregrinos@gmail.com
He tries also to organize a shared transport with other pilgrims.

You can also use public transport : CONDA buses which runs from Pamplona to St JPP directly. Or bus ARTIEDA from Pamplona to Roncesvalles and a local taxi from Roncesvalles to St JPP.

Most read last week in this forum

I am 82 years old. I have walked all but 250k of the Camino Frances alone, carrying my pack and staying in communal aubergues in 2017 and 18 and loving it! I am now on a mission to walk the final...
Hi I have a question regarding regulations in French airports on what is allowed to bring as carry on luggage. I have a small lightweight Victorinox SD multitool including a small knife that is...
I have been looking every day for weeks and weeks to purchase tickets from Santiago to Segovia at the end of my Camino on May 13th and was getting concerned as on both the Renfe and Trainline...
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...
Hello, we are a family of 5 travelling from Australia on a 7 week trip of Europe. We are walking the first few stages of CF from SJPdP to Pamplona only. I've been searching the threads for info...
I read that municipal auberges will not accept luggage transferred by courier. Is this correct, if so is there a way around this? I prefer to stay at municipal auberges and carry my backpack since...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back