• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Barcelona

SusanH

Time of past OR future Camino
Walked 2014
Hello! Could you recommend a place to stay in Barcelona pre Camino? I would like to stay for 2-3 days to get over jet lag and to do some sightseeing. Preferably, something private (for jet lag). But, open to other ideas too!
I saw that someone had stayed here and gave a good review. https://www.yeahhostels.com/

Thank you and a bigger thank you to Rick from Rick and Peg for the info!

Last edited:
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
We've stayed at Hostal Paraíso twice in 2015 and twice again in 2019. Walkable to many of Barcelona's sights (just a few blocks from the Romanesque Sant Pau del Camp where you can pick up a credencial). Great staff, in 2015 they held some of our things for three months. In an older apartment building with residents they have at least three types of lodging: hostel/albergue type of bunks in a shared room, a shared apartment but each to your own lockable bedroom (three times in that we never even saw our apartment mates), small private rooms with shared baths.

Start point: search for Hostal Paraíso, Barcelona in Google maps. There are photos there but honestly they do make the place look a bit better than I remember.

Oh, and there is a Burger King across the street. :rolleyes:
But go for tapas on Carrer de Blai. 😍

The hostal is on Ronda de Sant Pau.

Last edited:
Hotel Leonardo Las Ramblas. Very close to downtown street La Rambla. Close to Metro. Outstanding breakfast buffet. Super clean with modest pricing. Stayed there in November for several nights. Many nearby stores, eateries. A few blocks from the Boqueria market.

Oh yes. End of August of this year. Nothing too fancy. Private room so I can sleep and get over jet lag.
Thanks

Nothing too fancy is still quite broad.
I suggest you do an internet search depending on which barrio you like to spend the night.
Otherwise choose a room close to airport or station where you will depart afterwards.
Good luck.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Sorry, in post #7 above I messed up the name of the the place we stay (posted right at the time my brain starts to shut down for the night). Its name is Hostal Paraíso, Barcelona, Spain on Ronda de Sant Pau.

I edited my previous post to correct the name.

Sorry, in post #7 above I messed up the name of the the place we stay (posted right at the time my brain starts to shut down for the night). Its name is Hostal Paraíso, Barcelona, Spain on Ronda de Sant Pau.

I edited my previous post to correct the name.
Thank you!

We've stayed at Hostal Paraíso twice in 2015 and twice again in 2019. Walkable to many of Barcelona's sights (just a few blocks from the Romanesque Sant Pau del Camp where you can pick up a credencial). Great staff, in 2015 they held some of our things for three months. In an older apartment building with residents they have at least three types of lodging: hostel/albergue type of bunks in a shared room, a shared apartment but each to your own lockable bedroom (three times in that we never even saw our apartment mates), small private rooms with shared baths.

Start point: search for Hostal Paraíso, Barcelona in Google maps. There are photos there but honestly they do make the place look a bit better than I remember.

Oh, and there is a Burger King across the street. :rolleyes:
But go for tapas on Carrer de Blai. 😍

The hostal is on Ronda de Sant Pau.
Thank you so much!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hello! Could you recommend a place to stay in Barcelona pre Camino? I would like to stay for 2-3 days to get over jet lag and to do some sightseeing. Preferably, something private (for jet lag). But, open to other ideas too!
I saw that someone had stayed here and gave a good review. https://www.yeahhostels.com/

Hi. I am also going to Barcelona end of April - I found Hostal Boutique Khronas centrally located. Never stayed there but could let you know how it is. They said I could store a bag there for 7 weeks.

I have created this Google Maps list from a number of recommendations from pilgrims in prior posts. See, https://maps.app.goo.gl/3meahTG9q99W8c7w9

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi. I am also going to Barcelona end of April - I found Hostal Boutique Khronas centrally located. Never stayed there but could let you know how it is. They said I could store a bag there for 7 weeks.
I’d love it if you kept me posted!

I lived in Barcelona for a few years. Keith H suggests El Born neighborhood - I would second that recommendation!!

Try the Expo Hotel next to Barcelona Sants station. You can get there by metro from the airport, and then get the morning train to Pamplona and bus to Saint Jean.

I have stayed at an airbnb in Barcelona on two separate pre-caminos. It is a very basic room situated just a block off Las Ramblas and just south of Plaza Catalunya. It is the perfect spot for seeing the sites of the City. It is within a 1/2 hour walk of la Sagrada Familia. We also walked up to Plaza Guell. It is called Las Rambles-Room C and is very reasonably priced. The bus from the airport takes you directly to Plaza Catalunya and the room is not even a 5 minute walk from there.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I have stayed at an airbnb in Barcelona on two separate pre-caminos. It is a very basic room situated just a block off Las Ramblas and just south of Plaza Catalunya. It is the perfect spot for seeing the sites of the City. It is within a 1/2 hour walk of la Sagrada Familia. We also walked up to Plaza Guell. It is called Las Rambles-Room C and is very reasonably priced. The bus from the airport takes you directly to Plaza Catalunya and the room is not even a 5 minute walk from there.
Hi Darleen,
hi Darleen, was “Room C” the room that you stayed in?

Check out Hotel Picasso in El Born. We have an apartment in this area and absolutely love it!
We stayed here in 2019 after I saw it recommended on the Spanish Sabores website where I tend to find my Spanish recipes . Comfortable and very handy to useful things. Easy walk to Sagrada Familia and Parc Guell and Plaza Catalunya. Great foodie area.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
We stayed here in 2019 after I saw it recommended on the Spanish Sabores website where I tend to find my Spanish recipes . Comfortable and very handy to useful things. Easy walk to Sagrada Familia and Parc Guell and Plaza Catalunya. Great foodie area.
Very nice if your budget runs that high, unfortunately for me, mine doesn't.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Ahh, we’ve always gotten a deal when people have stayed! It is a great location though so depending on budget could be worth it for some.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I'm curious why you are flying into Barcelona instead of Madrid?

As @SusanH, says it is cheaper.

And one can compare Gaudi stuff (one house - Casa Milà, one apartment block - casa Batllo, installations at Park Güell (Güell park). And particularly not forgetting Sagrada Familia.

And then compare those with the equally incomparable riot of space and colour that is the Bishop's Palace in Astorga. And, in that building, reflect on the ordinariness of the cross shaped building plan as shown in the model in the museum on the top floor (in 2017).

@SusanH, kia kaha (take care, be strong, get going as you can)

And one can compare Gaudi stuff (one house - Casa Milà, one apartment block - casa Batllo, installations at Park Güell (Güell park). And particularly not forgetting Sagrada Familia.
My recommendation for those who don't have a lot of time to spend in Barcelona is to save Gáudi's residence in Parc Güell and the Gaudí designed Güell Palace for a future visit. Parc Güell itself is worth an earlier visit.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
We found Barcelona was more expensive than Madrid. Or is that my imagination? But very different cities, both worthwhile visiting. Last time we were in Barcelona we stayed in the Eixample area and loved it. A very gracious part of town.

As @SusanH, says it is cheaper.

And then compare those with the equally incomparable riot of space and colour that is the Bishop's Palace in Astorga. And, in that building, reflect on the ordinariness of the cross shaped building plan as shown in the model in the museum on the top floor (in 2017).

@SusanH, kia kaha (take care, be strong, get going as you can)
I guess it depends on where you are flying FROM.
I'm flying from Portland Oregon to Barcelona this year and it's much more than if I were just flying to Madrid.

We found Barcelona was more expensive than Madrid. Or is that my imagination? But very different cities, both worthwhile visiting. Last time we were in Barcelona we stayed in the Eixample area and loved it. A very gracious part of town.
we also like this area. It’s a few years since we’ve stayed in Barcelona - last time we were flying out from there we stayed in Girona.

But before that we’ve stayed a few times at Violeta Boutique Hotel in Eixample. A bit of a splurge but good value for Barcelona. A gracious part of town as @Kanga says - quieter than many areas but still well located to walk to Park Guell, Sagrada Familia, El Born, Montjuic and everywhere in between. Gaudi buildings nearby. And close to Plaza de Catalunya for easy bus travel to and from airport. 😎

Last edited by a moderator:
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I love Eixample as well. More ‘locals’ then in the old town areas so it is quieter especially at night. The old town area can be pretty noisy. If you visit or stay in Eixample I will recommend Kserol cafe for a fantastic Tortilla (and everything else).

I got an AirBnB and stayed with an (originally Dutch) gay bodybuilder with risque pictures of him posted in the hallway. He had a wonderful French bulldog that slept with me. Let me know if you need contact info.

Most read last week in this forum

I am 82 years old. I have walked all but 250k of the Camino Frances alone, carrying my pack and staying in communal aubergues in 2017 and 18 and loving it! I am now on a mission to walk the final...
Can someone please confirm that if you fly with Ryanair from SDC to Madrid, that you will arrive at the Madrid-Barajas International airport? Such a simple question, yet incredibly frustrating...
I have been looking every day for weeks and weeks to purchase tickets from Santiago to Segovia at the end of my Camino on May 13th and was getting concerned as on both the Renfe and Trainline...
Hi, I'm searching for any transportation ways to to get to sjpp from Biarritz. Would anyone let me know how to get to? I would like taking bus or train. Thank you.
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...
Hi All, My girlfriend and I are planning to do the Camino Primitivo. I'll be honest here; I'm not entirely sure how far we'll get, but Caminoways says that the entire route can be done in 15...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back