• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Barcelonne du Gers. Owner of a gite looking for pilgrims on the Way

HansLotham

Time of past OR future Camino
Le Puy to Fisterra
We think that the information in the guide's way or in the gîte is enough for take a decision about where to sleep the next day.
We don't like that owner's gîte looking for pilgrims on the way for to go at your gîte. In Barcelonne du Gers came up us one woman, inflate the distance to next village, told us untrue information about others gîtes and when we told her that we keep our reservation in the next village she told disrespectful words and go away

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Yes, things like this can and do happen. And so? If you don't like this kind of advertisement just do what you did and walk on. Buen Camino, SY

We met with the same woman in Barcelonne-du-Gers, she is the owner of Hospitalet du Cosset, she was persistent and lying for to cancel our book and to go to her gîte. Not was nice but no problem, we were only 10 minutes listening her.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I'm very confused by these posts. I stayed at the Hospitalet du Cosset in May 2016 and had a wonderful experience. The gite was clean and nicely renovated. Each room only had two beds. The meal was wonderful and the hostess was great. The gite was full and I was grateful to have gotten a place there.

Edit: I wanted to add that no one stopped me on the street (I had already reserved here by phone) Also, I was surprised how close the next town seemed when I walked through it the next a.m. because the distance was farther according to my Michelin map guide.

Last edited:
Sadly there seems to be a more aggressive approach arriving on the Le Puy route in some places, where gite owners are trying to "persuade" pilgrims to stay with them. It is completely against any understanding I have of the Camino. It is also an indicator that they may be more commercial then Camino. The bottom line is by sharing information like this, maybe the message will get back to the people who do this kind of thing. I am sorry you experienced it.

Most read last week in this forum

A special thank you to Dave Whitson for his shortcuts on the GR 65. We had a beautiful day walking by the river Lot into Cahors instead of the regular route. It takes a lot of work to create...
Hello - I am planning to walk about the first half of the Via Podiensis next month, May 2024. I will start from Le Puy and walk for 16 days. I am flying into Paris and would like to purchase a sim...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back