Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Barxa de Lor — Pensión Pacita

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Ohhh... this is indeed happy news!! Thank you @El Cascayal !! Do you know if Pacita is well?
Sadly, she died earlier this year. See this thread.

If any forum members stop there, please let us know whether the family has re-opened the pensión or whether it is under new management. And if it is still run by the family, they should know that many of us send our sympathies on the death of Pacita.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Good news! Casa Pacita is open once more!
Woo hoo! But...
I did not know Pacita had died!
Condolences to the family - she was a gem, and staying there was one of the highlights of the Invierno.
If any forum members stop there, please let us know whether the family has re-opened the pensión or whether it is under new management. And if it is still run by the family, they should know that many of us send our sympathies on the death of Pacita.
🙏💖

Sadly, she died earlier this year. See this thread.

Hi Laurie,
I have emailed Jose Luis, Pacita’s son, and will update this thread when he responds. In May of this year I communicated to the family how much she was loved and appreciated on this forum with our sympathies.
Aymarah

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I am hoping to stay at Pension Pacita in August. Does anyone have advice on the best way to contact Jose Luis and Pension Pacita? I have tried to call the pension using the phone number on Gronze.com but have been unable to connect.

El Sol, this is the number I have used to contact them +34 982 430 008. This is the same number listed on Gronze & Paxinas Galegas, so I don’t know what’s happening. Here is their email:
Pensionpacita@hotmail.com
Hope someone has recent information on this forum. Buen Camino.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
El Sol, this is the number I have used to contact them +34 982 430 008. This is the same number listed on Gronze & Paxinas Galegas, so I don’t know what’s happening. Here is their email:
Pensionpacita@hotmail.com
Hope someone has recent information on this forum. Buen Camino.
Thank you so much; especially for the email address. With my limited Spanish, it is much easier to make arrangements via written means vs trying to communicate on the phone. I'll also try the phone number again.

@el Sol I hope you were able to contact Casa Pacita and to stay successfully.
I managed to make contact with Jose Luis with the email ... pensionpacita@hotmail.com ... and four of us stayed there on Sept 17. I had no joy with the phone number but the problem may have been with my Australian phone.
Although his father was about, Jose Luis (Pacita's son) seemed to be running the hostal alone, including cooking lunch and dinner. Booking ahead is essential as Jose Luis is also involved with the family vineyard (near the bridge) .
I hope pilgrims continue to support Casa Pacita even though there's now an albergue a little further along. Pacita, the mother, is obviously missed, and the place a little less vibrant without her, (as it was in 2018 on my previous visit) but it's still a wonderful place to stay.

El precio de las habitaciones es:
Habitación doble 40€
Habitaciones individuales a 23€

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back