• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Basecamp Oviedo ~ August/September 2019

RumAndChupacabras

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Jul-Sept 2019: Six weeks in Northern Spain.
Apr 2018 Asturias
May 2016 CP: Portuguese
Having run all kinds of scenarios for our upcoming 6 weeks in Northern Spain (to house hunt and to walk a Camino), we FINALLY figured out what we are going to do! We're setting up 'basecamp' in Oviedo for 21 days, through AirBnB. Thrilled about this as it's the first time using AirBnB and, our host doesn't speak English. YES to automatic language immersion!!! 😁 Then, we hope to walk Camino Covadonga and after that, Camino Lebaniego.

I'm really excited for this experience and hope to be able to meet some Forum Members, in any and all of these places. Also, we're meeting up with a wonderful man. A historian and author who has for 22 years, studied The Sudarium Cloth (in The Holy Chamber of Oviedo's Cathedral)!

Lord Willing, this will all happen. In the meantime, I'll be reading🤓learning from those of you who've posted about your Camino's in these places.

Buen Camino!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Having run all kinds of scenarios for our upcoming 6 weeks in Northern Spain (to house hunt and to walk a Camino), we FINALLY figured out what we are going to do! We're setting up 'basecamp' in Oviedo for 21 days, through AirBnB. Thrilled about this as it's the first time using AirBnB and, our host doesn't speak English. YES to automatic language immersion!!! 😁 Then, we hope to walk Camino Covadonga and after that, Camino Lebaniego.

I'm really excited for this experience and hope to be able to meet some Forum Members, in any and all of these places. Also, we're meeting up with a wonderful man. A historian and author who has for 22 years, studied The Sudarium Cloth (in The Holy Chamber of Oviedo's Cathedral)!

Lord Willing, this will all happen. In the meantime, I'll be reading🤓learning from those of you who've posted about your Camino's in these places.

Buen Camino!
That is awesome.
Can't wait to see pictures and hear what you learn

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
...I confess that I have never before heard of either the Camino Covadonga or the Camino Lebaniego...
I only learned in April of last year when I was in Spain for three days with a group of 40 people (including 3 Nuns and one Priest). We went to San Sebastian de Garabandal, Santo Toribio Leibana, Covadonga and the Cathedral in Oviedo. Kind of funny but, near the restrooms at Santo Toribio, I saw a bright yellow flecha! Couldn't believe my eyes but, there it was. It wasn't until a few months ago that I started checking into it.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi everybody! What do you think about my plan to the next summer, in 26 days? Is it a good plan? Camino Vadiniense: San Vicente de la Barquera - Cades Cades - Cicera Cicera - Potes Potes -...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back