• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Basic questions about the Camino de Madrid

JohnnieWalker

Nunca se camina solo
Hi

The route from Madrid to Sahagun is 320 kms long and would take an average walker approximately 12 days. From Sahagun on the Camino Frances to Santiago the route is 367 Kms - the entire route would take me approximately 27 days.

It is up to you if you wish to take the bus or train for part of the jounrey. There is public transport on both routes albeit few and far between in the rural areas of the Madrid - Sahagun stretch.

The Route from Madrid is unlikely to be busy but the albergues are not as frequent as on the Camino Frances. Check out the guide: http://www.csj.org.uk/guides-online.htm
Please consider leaving a donation.

20€ per day is a very tight budget in my view. However if you buy your own food out of supermarkets with an occassional Menu of the Day then it could be done I suppose. The problem on the Madrid Route is if you have to use a hostal rather than an albergue.

Good luck!

John

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi!

Yes, the Madrid route is very interesting and lovelyl I liked it a lot. Not a lot of people at all, really, so if you're into alone time and really lovely meditative landscapes, this is the one for you.

I agree with Johnnie - 20 euro is not enough for a daily allowance. In my experience, you'll need at least 30-35 euro per day.

In terms of finding beds, when we did the Madrid we met only one other peregrino the whole time. So no problem there.

On the CF, different story. Lots and lots of people rushing around for a finite number of beds. No advice to give you there, maybe others have some.

Buen camino!

Most read last week in this forum

A couple days ago I started the Camino Madrid from Segovia. Some of you may recall that I posted a few months ago looking for a relatively flat Camino to test out my body to find out if I could...
We planning a Camino Mixto of Camino Madrid/Salvador/Primitivo starting in early April next year. April 13-20 is Semana Santa next year We will probably fly in to Barcelona on 4th April and play...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back