• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bayonne bus station to Bayonne train station in 15 minutes ?

Peadarmac

Irlandes Pedro
Time of past OR future Camino
Astorga-S de C '11,'18,19
St Jean-Belorado '13 & '17
Belorado-Astorga '15
Fisterra-Muxia '11,'18,'19
Hello fellow travellers !!

Just looking for any advice / comments on the following :

Bus from Bilbao arrives in Bayonne (place des Basques) at 10.30am
Train from Gare de Bayonne to St JPdP departs at 10.48am.

I've checked google maps and its only a distance of a little over 1km but if the bus is delayed I reckon I'd never make the train (get my bearings,buy my ticket etc) on time.Just wondering if any fellow pilgrims have experience of making this connection.The next train to St JPdP is at 2.55pm.Should I just forget about busting a gut trying to make the 10.48am train and simply try to source a shared taxi with Express Bouicrot.

By the way I travel from Bilbao to Bayonne on May 15th 2013.

Any comments greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,
P

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
If you are early, walk it.

If you are on time, take a taxi to the train station.

If you are late, pause for a nice lunch and catch the later train. A couple of hours wandering Bayonne will be entertaining!

It may well be your first opportunity to give up control, take what comes, and relax. Starting all tensed may be pointless! In the following weeks, many thing won't fit an ideal schedule, and you will just have to accept it. :wink:

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Bus station to train station in 15 minutes? Do-able with a fair wind and a bit of luck with the lights on a couple of pedestrian crossings. But why? Bayonne is a pleasant city with a great street market by the river and some excellent bistros. Chill, refresh, and you can still comfortably walk from StJdP to Valcarlos or to Orrison having caught the afternoon train. Last April the train was replaced by a bus service that took another hour but I still walked, slowly on that first day, to Valcarlos in time to secure a bed in the Albergue and supper in the village.

Buen Camino

Many thanks Folks for all your comments and observations.

Simple advice imparted with reason and experience....greatly appreciated !! It's almost 18 months since my last Camino adventure and I guess I'm a little bit rusty !!

An important and powerful motto for any Camino from Falcon ..'give up control,take what comes and relax'. Brilliantly put.

Think I will get a few T-shirts printed with that logo !!!

Many thanks again guys.

P

Most read last week in this forum

hola, I have been trying to book a train from Madrid to Sarria to meet with friends on the Camino. The process works until the payment page. It asks for an email address and a phone number...
Last year made the mistake of travelling after the 500k walk to Porto and Barcelona and Cadaqués then the UK.(All amazing) but I was too tired to make the most of it. So this year I’m lucky...
I trying to purchase my one way ticket from Santiago de Compostela to Porto.I cannot find any info on bringing my luggage with me( a small carry on and a knapsack) anyone taken this bus? Can I...
Trying to determine best way from Madrid airport to Leon? Thank you
Beginning March 1, my husband and I walked from Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Astorga on the CF. Prior to our trip, I had contracted with Jacotrans to move our bags for 21 straight days...
Just saw a press release from Correos announcing that they will be offering a left luggage service at all of their 2,000+ offices throughout Spain. For up to 15 days at a time...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back