• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Bayonne / Santiago de Compostela

A selection of Camino Jewellery
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I'm in Bayonne at the moment ( no walking , I'am whit the car on my way to Santiago )
And the temperature at the moment is 28°C.

Wish you all well and good weather on your Camino's and stay safe , Peter .
"Drive" safely to Santiago, Peter. It's not often we get to say that to anyone on this forum...you may be the first. ;)

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I'm in Bayonne at the moment ( no walking , I'am whit the car on my way to Santiago )

Happy memories! I set out from Bayonne last year, albeit in persistent rain. May the sun continue to shine on you all the way to Santiago.

Morning Peter, I am doing a volunteer stint, too, at the Oficina de Peregrinos starting late August into September. So looking forward to it. Have you done this before? So curious to hear how it all works? Staying in the Convento de Santa Clara? One more question...renting a car one way from Biarritz? That sounds like fun. I will land from Mexico in Biarritz and thought I would fly, but the drive sounds great. Long drive? Too many questions, I know.

Happy memories! I set out from Bayonne last year, albeit in persistent rain. May the sun continue to shine on you all the way to Santiago.
Hi Paladina,
The coming day's the weather will be nice .And for the rest , we will see. We can't predict the weather .
Wish you well , Peter .

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Enjoy!

Hope you are well equipped with red socks, elephants and badges. I know you are not walking, but....be prepared... :)
Sorry , no red socks. But I have the badges with me .
The elephant stays home with Marianne my lovely wife and she takes good care of the elephant ( this is so serious )
Wish you well,Peter.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Morning Peter, I am doing a volunteer stint, too, at the Oficina de Peregrinos starting late August into September. So looking forward to it. Have you done this before? So curious to hear how it all works? Staying in the Convento de Santa Clara? One more question...renting a car one way from Biarritz? That sounds like fun. I will land from Mexico in Biarritz and thought I would fly, but the drive sounds great. Long drive? Too many questions, I know.
Hi Joseph,
Biarritz to Santiago is around 700km.
About car renting , can't help you there but
www.Rome2rio.com can help you maybe
with that .
It's my first time to , so looking forward to that so much .
Have fun as a volunteer .

Wish you well , Peter.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I only use my phone for viewing the forum and have never used the "media" section. I'll have to poke around to see if I can take a look as I'm not very techy. Lol.
When you log in on your phone you will see at the top left 3 horizontal stripes.
Tab them and you see the menu and in there the tab media.Hit the tab and you will see the pictures .

Last edited:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Got to the Cathedral early this morning

Things happen when you are alone in there .
So quiet, my thoughts got all over the place

Tears came and still come wright now as I'm write this.
Some thing like this never ever came over me in a way as it happen now .

Thats all for the moment, al for al it's a great feeling.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Thank you for the updates. Thoroughly enjoying hearing all your news. Wishing you very well, Peter.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Last edited:
You will probably learn there are very expensive drop-off charges when you travel country to country in Europe. If you take the train from Biarritz to Irun and rent the car in Spain you will save a lot of money. Having driven from Biarritz to Santiago numerous times, the Autopistas follow the Camino France very closely. If you have walked the CF, the drive is pretty much a drive down memory lane, plus you can get off the divided highways and drive the N-120, etc. Of course you could walk to Pamplona and rent a car there as well. BTW many of the AP are no longer toll roads.

I know , mistakes in writing can happen .

And I said hi to here but she got here foto book for your face with the name .

As they say , I'm only only human .
I hope you know I was just kidding. I am only human and mistakenly thought I was posting on the "NOT a serious thread". ;)

I hope you know I was just kidding. I am only human and mistakenly thought I was posting on the "NOT a serious thread". ;)
I know,but some thing Serious now.
When I 'm not mistaking was it your birthday yesterday .
Sorry day late but a late happy birthday.

You will probably learn there are very expensive drop-off charges when you travel country to country in Europe. If you take the train from Biarritz to Irun and rent the car in Spain you will save a lot of money. Having driven from Biarritz to Santiago numerous times, the Autopistas follow the Camino France very closely. If you have walked the CF, the drive is pretty much a drive down memory lane, plus you can get off the divided highways and drive the N-120, etc. Of course you could walk to Pamplona and rent a car there as well. BTW many of the AP are no longer toll roads.
Took the North road and payed a little over €19.00.
Wish you well,Peter.

Update , today we took over "de Huiskamer "
We had two new arrivals today .
As of now we sleep in our appartment .

And this afternoon I had a nice talk with one of the Irish Sisters about the things that happend to me this morning in the Cathedral

Peter, I am delighted to see how happy you are, and how many great friends you have on the forum! I think you are going to have a great time, and you will be so welcoming to pilgrims. I have a friend currently in Santiago, and I am going to tell her to come and say hello to you. Arrabest. All the best.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Peter, I am delighted to see how happy you are, and how many great friends you have on the forum! I think you are going to have a great time, and you will be so welcoming to pilgrims. I have a friend currently in Santiago, and I am going to tell her to come and say hello to you. Arrabest. All the best.
Thank you for the kind words.:)

The visit yesterday morning at the Cathedral did things with me I wasn't awere off.
It was a weird feeling but it felt good.

And we will welcome your friend.:)

Update , today we took over "de Huiskamer "
We had two new arrivals today .
As of now we sleep in our appartment .

And this afternoon I had a nice talk with one of the Irish Sisters about the things that happend to me this morning in the Cathedral
Sister Kathrine there? Another hug job for you from me. Enjoy the apartment. Darren and I had a blast last summer.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Lovely! Great news. sandi, leaving May 3rd/18.

Camino Chris did not tell you it might be a good idea to pour a long drink, sit back and relax, and plough through the entire thread. Come up for air about next Tuesday! I bought socks today, but not red. The red socks I had bled their colour in the washing machine. Red toenails do count.
And she has to look for the elephant with the red toenails in the cherrietree .

Good luck with that .

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
The only one I know is Casa Manolo. all the gang we walked with from Porto met up there for a meal together five years ago. Twice. For lunch and dinner! suited our purses...

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Thank you .
Already found a few ourselfs and I got a few tips true the Whatsapp channel.

Wish you well,Peter.

Last edited:
For finer dining :
A Horta do Obraidoro.
Abastos 2.0.
Restaurante San Clemente.

Tapas:
Bispo.
Petiscos do Cardeal.
O Boteco.

Coffee and pastry :
Tertulia.
Cafe Agarimo.

Nice burgers with Galician meat
A Vaca Hamburgueseria.[/QUOTE

Dank je wel Sabine .

Yesterday @t2andreo ( Tom ) visit us in huiskamer for coffee and cookies ,a few day's ago he was here also but I didn't recognized him :rolleyes:because he has a short beard now . This morning I'am going to Pilgrim house to see Faith . Already went to Pilgrim house several times it's a warm place to be .
This afternoon I 'am going with Tom to visit Sybille . It's the plan, hope it's works out.

And a few pictures from this morning.

Attachments

• 20180424_075247.jpg
    20180424_075247.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 12
  • 20180424_080712.jpg
    20180424_080712.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 12
  • 20180424_075059.jpg
    20180424_075059.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 11
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Yesterday @t2andreo ( Tom ) visit us in huiskamer for coffee and cookies ,a few day's ago he was here also but I didn't recognized him :rolleyes:because he has a short beard now . This morning I'am going to Pilgrim house to see Faith . Already went to Pilgrim house several times it's a warm place to be .
This afternoon I 'am going with Tom to visit Sybille . It's the plan, hope it's works out.

And a few pictures from this morning.

Gonna make a hugger out of you.... big one to Sybille and next time you see Faith..

We had diner in the "Bistro" last night , very nice .
Any one off you lovely people has his own favorite restaurant and want to share that with us ?

Try Milongas on Praza da Pescaderia. Good food and good tapas. I would specifically recommend the “cod-casserole” –juicy cod filet baked in a gravy with tomato, onions and pimientos.

Gonna make a hugger out of you.... big one to Sybille and next time you see Faith..
The hugger of the Forum;)Tom comes everyday for coffee and dutch cookies , Saw Sybille this afternoon there is so much good energie in her house . she does so much good.

Wish you well , Peter .

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
I went with Sybille to a tapas place that was pretty amazing. I have no idea exactly where it was or what its name is except that it was on one of the streets going south from the Cathedral, on the right-hand side as you go away from the Cathedral. Looking online I think it was maybe Tapas Petiscos? You should ask her.

I went with Sybille to a tapas place that was pretty amazing. I have no idea exactly where it was or what its name is except that it was on one of the streets going south from the Cathedral, on the right-hand side as you go away from the Cathedral. Looking online I think it was maybe Tapas Petiscos? You should ask her.
I will do that. I met her this afternoon ,there is so much good energie "wonderfull "
I'am going back because I want to talk with here again alone.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Sister Kathrine there? Another hug job for you from me. Enjoy the apartment. Darren and I had a blast last summer.
Hi Ingrid , I met Sister Kathrine yesterday and we had a lovely talk. She has something over here , in one word WOW . Amazing lady
She said hi. No hug.

Wish you well,Peter.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
;) Happy (sane) King's Day to you down there, Peter!
Here in Naarden it is very quiet. Just the meditators and the trees, and lots of silence.
A number of people have mentioned that they are very glad not to be home in Amsterdam today.

;) Happy (sane) King's Day to you down there, Peter!
Here in Naarden it is very quiet. Just the meditators and the trees, and lots of silence.
A number of people have mentioned that they are very glad not to be home in Amsterdam today.
Thats so true, Amsterdam will be very crowded today. It's better to stay in Naarden.
Wish you well and enjoy Kingsday , Peter

Having a great time , meeting and talking with some amazing people.
Give a good feeling .

Attachments

• 20180427_074152.jpg
    20180427_074152.jpg
    710.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 20180426_074018.jpg
    20180426_074018.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 1
  • 20180427_080056.jpg
    20180427_080056.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 1

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Henrik and I will be coming down to SJPdP from Sweden on March 26 and start walking on March 27. I don't really have any experience and I'm not the best at planning and I'm a little...
When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back