• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bayonne to SJPDP

jgiesbrecht

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances, Fisterra, Muxia Sept-Oct 2020
I've been trying to by a ticket on raileurope for the 641am train on Sep 15. Has anyone else been having issues with the website? I know its not on my end, but I'm not sure what else I can do. Does anyone know of any other site I can buy from?

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
You may want to try https://www.sncf.com/en and book directly with the French Railways. If there’s an issue of any type, you’re dealing with the actual issuing company.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I just checked, looks like 10.30€ depending upon your age.

I've been trying to by a ticket on raileurope for the 641am train on Sep 15. Has anyone else been having issues with the website? I know its not on my end, but I'm not sure what else I can do. Does anyone know of any other site I can buy from?

I agree with mspath. Purchasing your ticket at the Bayonne station is simple and fast. It is a small station and the people who work there are friendly. Assuming you are staying overnight in Bayonne, you can buy your ticket the day before your planned journey to SJPdP. I'm curious about the the early pre-dawn departure time (0641). Assuming (lot of assumptions here) you will be staying overnight in SJPdP, you will be arriving there at around 0800. This will be way too early to check into your auberge. If your schedule permits, give some thought to staying a couple of days in Bayonne. I got over my jet lag here before going on to St. Jean. It is an interesting Basque city with a lot of history, and perfect for getting pre-Camino jitters under control. Bon chance!IMG_2101.jpg

For buying a train ticket in France, and also for Flixbus tickets, I can recommend the website www.thetrainline.com and their mobile app TRAINLINE which I have used for the last 2-3 years and I have been very happy with it. I used it for the Bayonne to SJPP train once, but mostly for longer distance trips. If you have the app, you just show the QR code on the screen of your phone when asked for your ticket.
I know you can use it in many countries for different buses and trains, including the UK. I didn't use it for ALSA tickets because I didn't get my Alsaplus discount from it.

When downloading the app make sure it has this logo (there may be different "trainline" apps)

trainline-logo-uk.png

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I agree with mspath. Purchasing your ticket at the Bayonne station is simple and fast. It is a small station and the people who work there are friendly. Assuming you are staying overnight in Bayonne, you can buy your ticket the day before your planned journey to SJPdP. I'm curious about the the early pre-dawn departure time (0641). Assuming (lot of assumptions here) you will be staying overnight in SJPdP, you will be arriving there at around 0800. This will be way too early to check into your auberge. If your schedule permits, give some thought to staying a couple of days in Bayonne. I got over my jet lag here before going on to St. Jean. It is an interesting Basque city with a lot of history, and perfect for getting pre-Camino jitters under control. Bon chance!View attachment 82264
No, I'm staying a night in biarritz, then starting from sjpdp the next day...only walking to vLcarlos the first one.

No, I'm staying a night in biarritz, then starting from sjpdp the next day...only walking to vLcarlos the first one.
Also I was able to finally purchase a ticket later yesterday....biarritz to bayonne, 10 minutes to switch to the 641am

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I have used this to get straight from the airport in Biarritz to SJPdP direct in an hour after landing, but it was a better time.

I walked out the airport doors, looked around, asked the first three people with packs where they were going. All headed the same place. A taxi was 100 euro. We split the fare and added a 5'er each so 30 euro and made good time.

Maybe not for this era but after we get back to some semblance of how we were, last year.

I have used this to get straight from the airport in Biarritz to SJPdP direct in an hour after landing, but it was a better time.

I walked out the airport doors, looked around, asked the first three people with packs where they were going. All headed the same place. A taxi was 100 euro. We split the fare and added a 5'er each so 30 euro and made good time.

Maybe not for this era but after we get back to some semblance of how we were, last year.
I did it somewhat differently . I walked out the front of the airport and found two obvious hikers and we split the taxi bill to Bayonne. Then I caught the train to Saint Jean and had 2 nights there for dejetlaging. Found that my poles were lost somewhere between California and Saint Jean. This gave me time to walk around an interesting town and buy replacement poles.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

I am flying into Madrid and will arrive early morning. My thought is to go directly to Toledo and stay two nights there in a hotel or hostel so that I will have the ability to sleep during the...
Hello, it's been about 7 years since my last Camino, and this will be the first time I have had to book trains within Spain. There seems to be a few different train booking sites. Booking from...
Hello everyone. My husband has been talking about walking this trail for over 35 years —- since he was 20 years old. But, life’s problems alway seem to get in the way, don’t they? He’s been...
Hi I was wondering if anyone was taking the Express Bouricott from Biarritz to SJPP on the afternoon of 27th May as I am looking to join a group booking if possible….many thanks 😊
Would I be able to bring a backpack (size 20 -25 L) into the cabin and hold on to it rather than being forced to put the backpack into the luggage compartment of the bus? I'm reading several...
Looking for suggestions How do I get to Fatima from Lisbon Airport. Thanks

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back