• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Baztán Guide

• Thread starter Former member 49149
  • Start date
F

Former member 49149

Insert the accent over the second a...
I just received my copy of Gerard Kelly’s Guide. I think it takes the prize for the lightest guide I have held in my hands. I look forward to referring to it, in tandem with other threads, filled with advice and suggestions from recent Baztan Pilgrims. Thanks in advance, Gerard. Not sure at all, but perhaps this coming August.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Walked this way last September. Enjoyed it, especially after first 15km from Bayonne, it’s not really by the river as mentioned by other posts. But don’t rely on my recall.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Welcome to the merry band of Baztan fans.
The GK guide is most useful plus all the postings and help on the Baztan forum.
Buen Camino

Insert the accent over the second a...
I just received my copy of Gerard Kelly’s Guide. I think it takes the prize for the lightest guide I have held in my hands. I look forward to referring to it, in tandem with other threads, filled with advice and suggestions from recent Baztan Pilgrims. Thanks in advance, Gerard. Not sure at all, but perhaps this coming August.
Look here, maybe it will be good informations

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Look here, maybe it will be good informations
Merci, Mona. My walking companion is up to unit xmillion of duolingo in French, so no doubt she will make excellent sense of your link! I will dig deep into the recesses of my school French and complement with google translate. Quand il faut...on peut decouvrir what seems to have disappeared...
Thank you so much.

On recommendations of others,I also decided to purchase the guide.Compact and lightweight certainly but loads of relevant,useful information and looking forward to using on the route later this year.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
This is such a lovely walk, parts on one of those very old roads where if you listen you can almost hear the clatter of hooves and feet and cart wheels.

It's hilly, but not horribly so. San Salvador it's not. And going up to the pass at Belate was special...such gorgeous beech forest.
And way up there, a chapel to remind us that others had come before with like intention....
I took too many pics.

I found the maps.me app invaluable as there were a few times that I was unsure where the route was, especially in France, and I could easily work out a route with the app. Mostly on the camino but especially around Esplette I managed on local walking trails to re-find my way...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back