Search 59,165 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean
Pilgrim Pouch carry bags with different designs
A lightweight carry bag handy for walking, biking, traveling, & Caminos

BBC 4 Interview today - broadcast Monday 24th May 2010

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all,

Today I was interviewed in Santiago by Katie Derham from the BBC travel program "Traveller's Tree". She and a producer are spending the whole day today interviewing pilgrims and anything related to the camino and the pilgrimage. They have a packed program that goes from early morning to late night tonight. The end result will be a program that will be broadcast some time in the near future on BBC 4 radio.

They were very curious about the community that we have built up here on this website, so I did talk a bit about what we are doing here... and then of course the they did find some pilgrims to talk to as well. Looking forward to listening to it once it is done.

Greetings fro Santiago,
Ivar

Attachments

• bbc-travelers-tree.jpg
    bbc-travelers-tree.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 3,482
Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.
2022 Camino Guides
The 2022 Camino guides will be coming out little by little, most of them by the end of 2021. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

NaKwendaSafari

Re: BBC 4 Interview today

This forum is going from strength to strength, thanks mainly to the dedicated support from persons such as you and the wise, kind, and non-judgmental replies to questions from those in need of information from Sil, kiwinomad, rebekah, and others too many to mention.

It would be nice to see the interview on youtube or similar streaming facilities when the interview is finally broadcast for those overseas like us who are not able to access the BBC4 broadcast. Perhaps you could get the DVD of the programme? TVONE in NZ sent us their DVD as we were participants in their programme so it is likely BBC4 could do the same.

ivar

Administrator
Staff member

Thank you for your kind words. This interview was for Radio, BBC4, they told me that they would send me the mp3 file of the interview, but I am not sure if they would let me publish it. If they do I will put it up.

Greetings from a rainy Santiago,
Ivar

NaKwendaSafari said:
It would be nice to see the interview on youtube or similar streaming facilities when the interview is finally broadcast for those overseas like us who are not able to access the BBC4 broadcast.
BBC radio programmes are generally available on their iplayer for a week after transmission - should be available worldwide. http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/radio/bbc_radio_four

Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Pilgrim Pouch carry bags with different designs
A lightweight carry bag handy for walking, biking, traveling, & Caminos

NaKwendaSafari

Peter Robins said:
you should also be able to listen to it live on the iplayer
Thank you Peter, I tried the website and am able to hear broadcast from the BBC stations. I will keep an eye open for the interview.
This is one of the strength of this forum, there is always someone savvy to point us in the right direction.

walkingnomads

Re BBC radio 4 interview.

I am just reinforcing what others are saying re access to the BBC website. We are in Brisbane and I regularly go on line to listen to BBC radio 4 programs. I have found I can access lots of the interviews, which are available for months in some cases.
The other avenue is digital radio of course.
We will be on the VDLP at the time of this broadcast so hope an internet connection be available for that week wherever we are!.Cathy A.

Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean
Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery

lynnejohn

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Frances(2005), VDLP(2007), Madrid(2009), Ingles(2009), Sur (2011), VDLP(2011)-partial, VDLP(2014)
Re: BBC 4 Interview today - broadcast Monday 24th May

Just a reminder that Ivar's interview is tomorrow - 1630 BBC time. Looking forward to it.

lynne

Fine art photography from the Camino Ways.
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store

anniethenurse

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Camino Frances.Vasco del Interior.Camino Finisterre& Muxia. Camino Portugues. Ruta del Ebro.

Congrats Ivar!!!
You are doing just fine and I´m a very proud member of your forum, our forum. It feels like I am in Santiago (thus never been there).
Hope to see you and some forum members soon!
annie

lynnejohn

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Frances(2005), VDLP(2007), Madrid(2009), Ingles(2009), Sur (2011), VDLP(2011)-partial, VDLP(2014)

Well done, Ivar! You provided a great insight into the Camino and into our community. I also enjoyed the whole program with the comparisons and information about other traditional pilgrimages.

Best,

lynne

andy.d

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Camino de Levante 2009
Camino Ingles (Coruna) 2011
Camino Ingles (Coruna) 2014
Pilgrims Way Winchester - Canterbury
Camino Ingles (Ferrol) 2015
Cistercian Way (Wales) 2016

Thanks again Ivar - good interview,

Andy

ivar

Administrator
Staff member

I just listened to it... the really cut it down (I guess this is what happens)....and they confused this forum with the work I do at Xacobeo..but ohh well, I guess it is easy to get confused with all the pilgrim related things I am working on these days :)

Been on BBC radio, check!

Saludos,
Ivar

NaKwendaSafari

Thank you Ivar for your input in the BBC4 program. We enjoyed the excellent, both in clarity and spontaneous sound and words of joy from pilgrims, archived version of the broadcast as the live version was broadcast in the early winter hours of our New Zealand time. We are proud that you were selected for the interview and they managed to capture the essence of pilgrimage which was tastefully presented with your help.

Fully recommended listening for those who have done the Camino as well as those intending to do a pilgrimage. this broadcast will be available for some time in the BBC4 archives.

Grandpa Joe

how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.

Hedwig

Hello Ivar,

Just listened to your intervieuw.
Thank you for this forum and specially for the understanding why so many of us have to walk to the apostel.

Simon

Past OR future Camino
2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2013, 2017, 2019

A very good little programme and giving the Camino and your work some welcome publicity. Well done! Looking forward to getting back on the 'Way' with friends in mid June, from Burgos.

CaroleH

Past OR future Camino
VdlP 2006, Portugues 2007;Madrid 2009, Finisterre 2009; Sur and VdlP 2011,2013; Manchego and Madrid 2014; VdlP (parts) 2016; Hospitalero plan 2017.

Nice summary of camino and Santiago. Lovely to listen to and especially interesting to hear your voice Ivar, after seeing your image so many times. Sounded all very professional. Great stuff. CaroleH

Am listening this very instant as I write. Love it.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 102 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads