• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

BBC article regarding Spain's late mealtimes ...

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
There is no doubt that going back to Spain's natural time zone would help balance worklife and family life, including putting an end to those long midday breaks (more used for house work for those who are lucky to be able to go home for lunch than to nap) that in the end cause issues with parents of young children you have to park them in after school programmes until late in the day, and then feed them in a mad rush before putting them to bed.

And for people walking the Caminos it would mean the end of 5 am alarm clocks and flashlights blinding those still hoping to sleep. :D

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
The image below shows the discrepancy between the time on our clocks and the real or natural time (sun time) during the summer months. Galicia is worst off. No matter what Spain decides, I for one hope we all get rid off summer time/daylight saving time one day - soon!

View attachment 33669
What is that little green strip on the Spain-Portugal border? According to the map it is correctly "zone timed", but is this part of the world on a different time zone than Portugal and Spain?

I think I'm following: so if legal vs local mean time is 2 h ahead, that would mean that the sun is overhead at 2 pm rather than noon? That would be genuinely confusing.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I was looking forward to late sunsets - I love how long the days are in the north in the summer and fall. It never crossed my mind to look up sunrise times ... and I am stunned. The sun won't be up until 8:41 in the morning mid-October in León!!! I thought some folks were being a bit extreme when they talked about waking up and packing in the dark. I guess I'll be joining them.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Most read last week in this forum

One way or another, you need to see this movie! We were lucky enough this evening to attend the 'World Premiere' that was followed by a Q&A Session with: Writer / Director / Producer - Bill...
Last year on my camino I was a bit annoyed when someone back home told me to enjoy my vacation. I bristled. Why did that word annoy me so much? I was on a pilgrimage! Anyway, I'm about to embark...
I'm looking for the best app to use whilst walking on the Camino. Usually I just rely on my Apple watch but I'm leaving that at home, so need an app use that I can pause at rest stops etc...
Everyone talks about the wonderful café con leche, but what if tea is more to your liking? Can you even get tea along the Camino (Frances)? I don’t drink coffee but my morning cup of tea is...
Hey all. I haven't been on the forum for quite sometime (years probably). I walked the Camino Frances in 2016 and to say it was life changing for me is an understatement. On day 3, at the café at...
I am currently working as a Hospitalaro in a newly reopened Donativo Albergue in Vergen del Camino, just a short distance from Leon. It was closed for 5 years due to, initially the pandemic. It is...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back