Be Aware That Museums/Art Galleries Close Mondays | Camino de Santiago Forum
Camino Forum App now available
Camino Forum Android APP Camino Forum iOS APP
Search 30 000 Camino Questions right here... your question might have been asked before
Camino Guides (for sale) | Camino Guides made by pilgrims
By Signing up to the forum (free) you will be able to:

-- Ask any Camino related question you might have
-- Participate in the camino conversation on this forum
-- Get an weekly e-mail (Saturdays) with the most popular topics from the last 7 days
-- Be able to download pdf's and other Camino Resources
Sign

Weekly forum email Daily forum email Luggage Storage in Santiago de Compostela
Dismiss Notice
Have a question you would like to ask? Here is how you do it!

Be Aware That Museums/Art Galleries Close Mondays

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Camino Frances topics' started by Gareth Griffith, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Gareth Griffith

Gareth Griffith Active Member

Camino(s) past & future:
    SJPdP to Santiago de Compestela in May(2016)
    One question that ofter comes up is "what advise would you give to a new pilgrim?" The answer I give is to look up how to avoid blisters and take care of your feet. The other bit of advice I would give is to remember that a lot of the interesting places that you would like to visit are closed on a Monday. I wanted to visit a Monastry that was highlighted in in the Brierley Guide. I walked passed it, turned round and walked passed it again. I stopped some passing Spaniards and they kindly lead me to where I should turn off. I got to the monastry ticket office and a lady poked her head out and said "cerrado" I looked at my watch and then at the opening hours on the wall. "Lunes" she said. I left the place kicking myself for my stupidity. I'd covered several additional kilometers for no benefit whatsoever, and the place looked very interesting from the outside.
    I would try and avoid hitting large towns where there may be several places that you'd like to visit but are most probably going to be closed if you turn up on Monday.

Tia Valeria likes this.