• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Beariz options

peregrina2000

Staff member
Hi, Geira fans,

I am watching on facebook as others send in pictures and comments about their walk on the Geira. One I saw today prompts a question.

Looks like a small alternative somewhere near Beariz. All the sign says is that Albite is an “aldeia singular.” Tempting! I can’t find this on my tracks, so any help would be welcome. I am having trouble finding information about the town because the word “albite” is also a mineral, so all my searches bring up pictures of rocks.

6F781183-9652-4322-926A-E095C4C2FD48.jpeg

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Looks like a small alternative somewhere near Beariz. All the sign says is that Albite is an “aldeia singular.” Tempting! I can’t find this on my tracks, so any help would be welcome.
You've probably already seen these Wikiloc tracks, but just in case...

From the photos, it looks nice!

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Muchas gracias.

Here is where my tech skills can’t get me to the answer. Does it look like any of the wikiloc trails follows the “right side” of the trail shown in the picture I first posted?

I can see that the “official camino” goes on the left. So I would like to find tracks to cover the alternative option on the right. But what I can’t tell is how that posted picture coincides with any of the wikiloc trails, if that makes any sense.

Does it look like any of the wikiloc trails follows the “right side” of the trail shown in the picture I first posted?
All four of the above tracks look like they follow the "right-hand" track shown in your photo from Beariz as far as Albite (Alvite). However they do not continue on the same route after Albite. They all veer off to the right (east), whereas the track shown in your photo goes north after Alvite to join up with the left-hand track after crossing a river or stream.

Here is a track that will take you on the right-hand route from Beariz to Albite, and then will join up with the left-hand track by heading west after Albite rather than north. That is, it rejoins the left-hand track a bit sooner than the one in your photo, but that shouldn't matter if what you want to see is the aldea of Albite and then rejoin the left-hand track to continue.

Screen Shot 2021-08-25 at 1.20.37 PM.png

Last edited:
Thinking about this just a little more... It now seems to me that the track in the post immediately above is indeed the same as the right-hand track in the photo in your original post.

I think the map in your photo is not oriented north-south. The 'squiggles' in the wikiloc track (#35013849) match the squiggles just before the junction of the two tracks in your photo if you rotate your photo to the left. Does that make sense?

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Thinking about this just a little more... It now seems to me that the track in the post immediately above is indeed the same as the right-hand track in the photo in your original post.

I think the map in your photo is not oriented north-south. The 'squiggles' in the wikiloc track (#35013849) match the squiggles just before the junction of the two tracks in your photo if you rotate your photo to the left. Does that make sense?

Oh my goodness, @islandwalker. That is really above and beyond the call of duty. It does make sense that the detour would follow an established trail. You’re the best!

Back