• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Beautiful and Quiet

DanOnTheCamino

trying to take it one step at a time...
Time of past OR future Camino
Invierno, Jan.’22
Portugues (f/Valença) Mar.’23
Arrived in Ferrol yesterday. Walked to Neda this morning and on my way to Pontedeume for the evening. Many pleasant and helpful people along the way. It’s beautiful and relatively quiet.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Arrived in Ferrol yesterday. Walked to Neda this morning and on my way to Pontedeume for the evening. Many pleasant and helpful people along the way. It’s beautiful and relatively quiet.
It's good to hear this. Keep us posted as I hope to do this 'soon' Buen Camino Maggie

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Glad to hear all is well. I just made the decision to postpone my camino - was booked to start in one week. <sigh> Buen Camino to you-
Thanks. Sorry to hear you will have to start at another time. For future reference, Albergue in Betanzos is very nice.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
It's good to hear this. Keep us posted as I hope to do this 'soon' Buen Camino Maggie
Hi, Maggie.
This has been enjoyable so far. I decided to stop in Betanzos today, so just 21KM, but the albergue is really nice.

DOTC,

Glad your Way is good, I enjoyed the CI last June, particularly enjoyed Betanzos. Safe travels, Buen Camino.

Hi, Maggie.
This has been enjoyable so far. I decided to stop in Betanzos today, so just 21KM, but the albergue is really nice.
Do you think you'll be able to complete your Camino Ingles? The guidance now is not to start a Camino, so my soon Camino Ingles will probably not be started soon and maybe not in 2020 but I hope still possible. I'm taking note albergue in Betanzos is good. These tips are so useful. Enjoy and Buen Camino

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Good thing the Ingles is a "quick" camino. Hopefully Dan made it to Santiago "under the wire!" We're spending our weekend getting pilgrims OFF the Camino Frances and Madrid and on their road back home.
Pilgrims still wandering around on Monday may be picked up by police -- all non-essential travel is banned starting at 8 a.m.

Do you think you'll be able to complete your Camino Ingles? The guidance now is not to start a Camino, so my soon Camino Ingles will probably not be started soon and maybe not in 2020 but I hope still possible. I'm taking note albergue in Betanzos is good. These tips are so useful. Enjoy and Buen Camino
I finished today - de Bruma to Santiago.
the city is quiet. I spoke to a priest I know from my other Caminos and he is taking pictures around the city without many tourists.

Good thing the Ingles is a "quick" camino. Hopefully Dan made it to Santiago "under the wire!" We're spending our weekend getting pilgrims OFF the Camino Frances and Madrid and on their road back home.
Pilgrims still wandering around on Monday may be picked up by police -- all non-essential travel is banned starting at 8 a.m.
I arrived today - now wondering if/how Iberia will reroute my flight back to the US.

Good luck getting touch with Iberia, their phones are jammed and the online access is virtually off line. Yesterday, I tried to cancel flight I have in May and the message was call back when it is closer to your departure date. I would suggest going to the airport to get a new ticket. There is no way out and the border with France is going to be closed as of Monday.

Good luck getting touch with Iberia, their phones are jammed and the online access is virtually off line. Yesterday, I tried to cancel flight I have in May and the message was call back when it is closer to your departure date. I would suggest going to the airport to get a new ticket. There is no way out and the border with France is going to be closed as of Monday.
Still time to get a train to France tomorrow, maybe?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I'm slightly confused. I thought there are no borders in EU🤨
“The Schengen Borders Code provides Member States with the capability of temporarily reintroducing border control at the internal borders in the event that a serious threat to public policy or internal security has been established.” Frequently done in the past when there was a terrorist threat but only locally and sporadically and for a short time, nothing of the magnitude we see now.

I don’t know about any official border closure France/Spain - no time to read ... - but several countries did so yesterday. Poland closed their border with Germany, Czech Republic, Slovakia and Lithuania, in principle only goods are allowed into Poland.

Edited to add: Poland also temporarily stops all international travel by train and air. So you can't get out either. Quiet airports, huge traffic jams at the terrestrial borders (some people are exempted, some people are trying their luck). I don't know about the situation in other Schengen countries.

Last edited:

Please, do bear in mind that restrictions are already in place.
https://www.lasexta.com/noticias/na...-espana_202003155e6df10f62aea30001ad80b9.html

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I finished today - de Burma to Santiago.
the city is quiet. I spoke to a priest I know from my other Caminos and he is taking pictures around the city without many tourists.
Congratulations. It only took you a few days. Safe journey home

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back