• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Beautiful Project

• Thread starter Deleted member 90712
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 90712

Hello all,

A friend of mine has a beautiful Camino project and I would like to share it with you and hopefully you would be able to support him. In his words:

“I am an enthusiastic pilgrim myself. I have walked The Camino a few times, so I know very well how much resilience , but also how much effort it takes. For this reason, I would like to create a little oasis of peace and contemplation for all those pilgrims looking for a rest on their wonderful but demanding pilgrimage.

The project is to be an authentic hostel with bees (being an avid and passionate beekeeper myself), home-grown vegetables and fruit for cooking together meals with the guest pilgrims. It will be a place where everyone will be able to feel the inspirational spirit of the pilgrimage. In this house and garden they will have the opportunity to find inner peace and contemplate life beyond the crowds and physical exertion.”

Mods note: No crowdfunding or GoFundMe allowed on the forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
The project sounds interesting. I am wondering where it will be located? What is the time frame in terms of when it is expected to be open? Thanks for any additional information you can provide.

There is one such albergue at Hospital de Orbigo, Albergue Verde where I stayed. The vegetables come from their own gardens. The meal is communally blessed which in itself is thought provoking. Prior to the evening meal you may join in a Yoga Class to further your contemplative state. It was a haven of peace and harmony among strangers whom I recall as friends and a highlight of one of my Caminos.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The project sounds interesting. I am wondering where it will be located? What is the time frame in terms of when it is expected to be open? Thanks for any additional information you can provide.
Hi. Thank you for your message.

This house is located in Negreira. As it is explained on the page he designed, he has half of the money for the project, so I believe, in terms of time, it will depend on when he gets the funds. He’s serious about it and he is an extremely honest person.

Most read last week in this forum

My husband and I would like to spend a night in Muxia after walking to Santiago but don’t have time to walk there. Rome to Rio says there’s busses twice daily, but if you go to the Monbus website...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back