• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bed at Orisson on May 3

Time of past OR future Camino
Inglese 2021
CF started 22022
I have a reserved bed available for Orisson on May 3. I reserved three beds for me, my daughter and a friend. Our friend had to cancel, so I have an extra spot reserved that is available. If any one is interested to take it, please send me a private message.

Last edited:
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
They used to give refunds… But, I think they are just too busy and won’t do it now. I “donated” my bed last year.

They used to give refunds… But, I think they are just too busy and won’t do it now. I “donated” my bed last year.

I too "donated" a bed this year when I had to reschedule my reservation and was unable to, though I doubt my money is going towards a pilgrim in need. And I don't think being "busy" is the reason for their no refund policy 🙁 In any case, thanks to @Bill's_Walking for extending the kind offer.

Last edited:
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I too "donated" a bed this year when I had to reschedule my reservation and was unable to, though I doubt my money is going towards a pilgrim in need. And I don't think being "busy" is the reason for their no refund policy 🙁 In any case, thanks to @Bill's_Walking for extending the kind offer.
Hi Senor Jacques, I suspect that you’re right… I’m trying not to be my old cynical self!!! Lol

@SusanH & @SeñorJacques, it's too bad they do the nod refundable deposit, but they were clear about it when I made the reservations. Hopefully a fellow pilgrim will take me up on this, so Orisson doesn't make double the money off of that bed.
@Bill's_Walking, I guess you made a reservation for three beds?

Have you considered trying to contact them and explain the situation, that two of you will come and the third person can't and why, and whether it would be possible to cancel the third bed even though you have no formal right to demand it? Especially since, I guess, you have not paid for it yet, so no additional task of actual refund to be done and it is the beginning of May, which is peak pilgrimage season with high demand for accommodation. They do state that the deposit is lost if the customer cancels an order but they also mention that an amicable agreement is possible. I would try to ask politely.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
They do state that the deposit is lost if the customer cancels an order but they also mention that an amicable agreement is possible. I would try to ask politely.

Hopefully @Bill's_Walking will have better luck than I did. I too was hoping for an “amicable agreement” but my polite request was met with one of the most belligerent customer service responses I’ve ever received, telling me in no uncertain terms that “there will be NO refund”. Maybe something was lost in translation, or I caught someone on a bad day. But it permanently soured me on Orisson despite the glowing reviews.

Just an update. I arrived at Orisson on the 3rd and checked in. As soon as I told the woman at the counter that I had one person cancel on me she stepped away, and came back a few minutes later to tell me that there was a perigrina who had been waiting to see if there were any cancellation, because she could not go any further. So the Camino provided for her and me. She got a bed and I did not loose my deposit.

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back