A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

2019 Camino Guides

Bed bugs + Spray help

Camino(s) past & future
August 2018
Hello
I got bed bug on the French way recently from ponferrada. The lady st the albergue sprayed my bag but my pills were in there. One set were in plastic bags so they’re most likely fine so I’ll continue taking them. Another we’re in a plastic pop open bottle and I hope are fine but will probably still take them. The last was in a ziplock bag that was unzipped so I’m sure fumes of the pemetherin or whatever she used to spray them got on. They were near the top so they definitely got sprayed. Is it okay to take them? They kind of smell like the stuff. How toxic is it to humans?

Via2010

Camino(s) past & future
06/07 & 12 Camino Francés, 08-10 Via de la Plata, 13/14 & 17 Camino Portugués, 18 Camino Primitivo
I would not take this pills anymore. What kills the pest is usually also poisonous to man. I can only speak of the "baygon spray" we used to fight the cockroaches when living in Malta. The poison did more harm to me than to the insects. So be careful!

Take the packages of your medicine, walk up to the health-centre and explain. I´m sure there is no difficulty to obtain a new presciption.

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 9 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 34 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 112 14.8%
  • May

Votes: 186 24.5%