• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bed bugs + Spray help

caminomarie-o

Time of past OR future Camino
August 2018
Hello
I got bed bug on the French way recently from ponferrada. The lady st the albergue sprayed my bag but my pills were in there. One set were in plastic bags so they’re most likely fine so I’ll continue taking them. Another we’re in a plastic pop open bottle and I hope are fine but will probably still take them. The last was in a ziplock bag that was unzipped so I’m sure fumes of the pemetherin or whatever she used to spray them got on. They were near the top so they definitely got sprayed. Is it okay to take them? They kind of smell like the stuff. How toxic is it to humans?

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I would not take this pills anymore. What kills the pest is usually also poisonous to man. I can only speak of the "baygon spray" we used to fight the cockroaches when living in Malta. The poison did more harm to me than to the insects. So be careful!

Take the packages of your medicine, walk up to the health-centre and explain. I´m sure there is no difficulty to obtain a new presciption.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello! I am starting the Route Frances on May 20 and looking at weather to pick my clothes but also figured I should factor the bug situation into the equation since I don't want to weigh down my...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.