• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bed race?

gerip

Time of past OR future Camino
CF, Lourdes to Burgos, Oct 2018
CF, Burgos to Santiago, May 2019
Ingles, Sep - Oct 2019
Started in Ferrol on Thursday. Only six of us in the Neda albergue, and turtle me was the first person in Mino and the new ACC albergue in Betanzos. There were even free beds in Bruma this afternoon! The hospitalero was pretty grumpy when I said I was staying in Meson do Vento and only wanted a stamp. Today was the first day I saw a considerable number of pilgrims on the Ingles, probably the weekend wave that started after I did. But most had already been scared off by bed race rumours and didn’t even try Bruma. I just didn’t like the idea of the toilet block being outside.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Maybe things will even less 'crowded' when Jill and I walk the Ingles starting October 18. :)

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Started in Ferrol on Thursday. Only six of us in the Neda albergue, and turtle me was the first person in Mino and the new ACC albergue in Betanzos. There were even free beds in Bruma this afternoon! The hospitalero was pretty grumpy when I said I was staying in Meson do Vento and only wanted a stamp. Today was the first day I saw a considerable number of pilgrims on the Ingles, probably the weekend wave that started after I did. But most had already been scared off by bed race rumours and didn’t even try Bruma. I just didn’t like the idea of the toilet block being outside.
When walked it 2 weeks ago Bruma was full by 1.30 pm. I estimate about 20 had to keep walking.
We found the hospitalario to be very friendly. As a tip try to sleep upstairs but on a bottom bunk as the roof is low.

When walked it 2 weeks ago Bruma was full by 1.30 pm. I estimate about 20 had to keep walking.
We found the hospitalario to be very friendly. As a tip try to sleep upstairs but on a bottom bunk as the roof is low.
Am sitting in the beautiful new albergue in Poulo right now. 44 beds and only 10k away from Bruma.

Most read last week in this forum

I will be walking my first ever camino this September and have chosen the Camino Ingles. The Inca Trail is the only other multi-day hike I have ever done and is roughly the same length in terms of...