• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bedbugs - not so friendly

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Nothing like spreading unwarranted fear into future pilgrims reading this forum, LOL.
I haven't been on this forum very long, but it does appear to me that entomophobia runs rampant among some of the members. I'm beginning to suspect it is their way of trying to reduce pilgrim numbers on the Camino. :D
I can only say to future pilgrims reading this, don't let someone else's fears spoil your Camino plans.

Nothing like spreading unwarranted fear into future pilgrims reading this forum, LOL.
I haven't been on this forum very long, but it does appear to me that entomophobia runs rampant among some of the members. I'm beginning to suspect it is their way of trying to reduce pilgrim numbers on the Camino. :D
I can only say to future pilgrims reading this, don't let someone else's fears spoil your Camino plans.

bug.jpg

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
it does appear to me that entomophobia runs rampant among some of the members.
I'm probably one of those you are thinking of. In fact, I am not at all entomophobic. Rather I am one of those who does react to bedbugs, and I like to provide information about how the risk (which is very real) can be faced with facts and then managed.

I'm probably one of those you are thinking of. In fact, I am not at all entomophobic. Rather I am one of those who does react to bedbugs, and I like to provide information about how the risk (which is very real) can be faced with facts and then managed.
Bedbugs have been reported in five star hotels all over the world. It is a travelling reality but the risks can be minimised if you know what signs to look (inspect) for and how to deal with them. Regardless, it is remotely probable for bedbugs to find their way into your home. So if you want to avoid them with 100% certainty, avoid travelling, avoid contact with people who travel, avoid living....so not an option. So to recap, educate yourself on the telltale signs of the existence of bedbugs and know what to do in case you have been exposed to them. And remember fear is just ignorance in another form.

As someone with a strong allergic reactions (last time I got bitten I was on medication for 5 months), I would like some respect that for some of us, they really are a problem. However I completely agree that the solution is not not to travel, but to keep and eye out and take them serious whenever you meet them.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I walked the Camino five times before becoming a member of this forum or even visiting it. Never once while walking those Caminos did I ever hear the issues of bedbugs brought up anywhere. Mind you, that's dozens of albergues and meeting probably hundreds of other pilgrims. Makes me glad I was not a prior forum member or visitor. It may have caused me undue concern about bedbugs (among other things ;) ).
I know there are future pilgrims who are forum visitors reading this. To them I say no worries.

Actually I have seen them as big, or bigger, than the one in pic with Purky's post.
Most of the time the bed bugs I saw are the size of cats or large rats.
The cats and rats are scared of them.
Joking...sorry...before someone believes me...sorry

Never had a issue on any camino. Done four.

But, most of the time I am in my tent or hammock.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
This is the latest fad for Camino stay out of the wind and woods 🤗.
One way or another, you need to see this movie! We were lucky enough this evening to attend the 'World Premiere' that was followed by a Q&A Session with: Writer / Director / Producer - Bill...
Did it make a difference in your short term, long term and lifetime? Did it change your soul..or chain it forevermore to some dusty track in Spain Are you in the ever present because of it, or...
Yes, pardon me. So I've just read this cool article about the closing of the Puerta del Perdón in the Monastery of Santo Toribio for the holy year (and it is a very beautiful peurta for sure). It...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.