Search 62305 Camino Questions

Advertisement

BEDBUGS !

Gtlman

I read on the internet that there is an infestation of bedbugs on the Camino Frances . Supposedly the Albergues are infected and have not yet been fumigated . Has anyone heard anything about that ? I was planning to start the walk on May 4....but I am now having second thoughts !

Now to successfully prepare to avoid failure
Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 3rd Edition
Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.
Where are you starting your Camino? I depart SJPdP on May 4, but am taking the Valcarlos Route & likely taking 2 days to get to Roncesvalles.

Hopefully, the bedbug situation has been taken care of over the winter season. I'm still taking insect repellent, though.

dg

A

Anonymous

There's an article ("Plaga de chinches") on bugs along the Camino in the May '07 issue of the AGACS' Spanish language magazine, "Libredon."

Go to: http://www.amigosdelcamino.com/php/uplo ... don_16.pdf page 20.

In brief, it says that there's been an increasing plague of bugs over the years along the Caminos. Albergues have been closed and fumigated in Navarra, Rioja, Castilla, and Leon. They are bothersome enough that a person may need medical attention. The plague is more intense towards the spring/summer mos. A reappearance/extension of this plague is foreseen for 2007.

Buen Camino :arrow:

xm 8)

A

Anonymous

"...I was planning to start the walk on May 4....but I am now having second thoughts !"

Hi Gtlman,

Don't be discouraged by these news. It was worse centuries ago!

There's always something going on, such as terrorism, natural disasters, family calamities, political strife, etc etc etc, to deter us from traveling and more.

We are informed about the issue of bedbugs along the Camino and as to its potential extension.

Good.

Now, let's find out what, if anything, we can do about it, what precautions we can take, and go from there.

Am flexible.

I'm planning to start at a specific Road site in June.

But, if need there be because of this or other reasons, I wouldn't have qualms in changing where to start my Camino from and what route(s) to follow, as long as I am on the Camino :!:

Buen Camino :arrow:

xm 8)

Most read last week in this forum

Buen Camino, after completing last 100km of Camino Frances on backpack, my toes are full of blisters and really painful. Been walking with blisters for past 3 days. I dont think I could take it...
Hello from Santiago. I just walked the last stage of the Camino Portuguese today from Padron up to SdC…..quite wonderful. This is a classic Camino stage at 26kms and full of variety, culture...
OK. Now I know this topic may have come up many times. And I tried the search engine. But didnt come up with a definitive answer. So Im going to ask it anyway. Now I did the Camino Frances back it...

How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2022 Camino Guides