• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bedding

Lihaseso

Time of past OR future Camino
May 2023
What are peoples thoughts on bedding? Do I bring my light sleeping bag or leave it behind and use the bedding provided? My concern is bedbugs. I start el Norte tomorrow but can leave my bag with a friend.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I have walked the full Norte and unless you stay in private guest house or hotel type accomodations, you will need a sleeping bag or liner for the albergues. I always brought my lightweight sleeping bag and was glad to have it with me in late April/May. A liner would probably suffice in summer.
Enjoy the Norte; it is special!

I have walked the full Norte and unless you stay in private guest house or hotel type accomodations, you will need a sleeping bag or liner for the albergues. I always brought my lightweight sleeping bag and was glad to have it with me in late April/May. A liner would probably suffice in summer.
Enjoy the Norte; it is special!
I walked it with a silk sleep sack into mid November. It got cold but I wore my clothes and I was fine.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Bringing your own bedding will not protect you against bedbugs. If they are in the mattress or bed frame they will bit you where you are not covered. I have always used my own silk sleep sack and/or sleeping bag and I was bitten on the both the French route and on the Norte. One time in a private albergue and one time in a municipal one.

The timing of this question was timed perfectly though I'll be on the Frances beginning in mid-Sept.
I have a liner and debating whether to bring a light camp blanket as well.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I am in Madrid now and a silk sleep sack is the most that I can tolerate at the moment.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Most read last week in this forum

Hi there, I’m starting my first Camino Frances early May, and I don’t know whether I need hiking poles or not? I’m 26 years old, relatively fit and don’t have any injuries (yet!) I used poles for...
My son has advised me to delete unnecessary apps, books, podcasts, downloaded videos etc from my iPhone. Saves up to 250gms. Great weight saving hack.
Hi. Shawn and Lainey are a lovely couple - so positive! - who now live in Galicia and have a Youtube presence "Days we Spend" with plenty of excellent and informative Camino videos - they are...
I am finally embarking on my first camino later this year. I will be taking my Canon R6 camera with me. For others that have taken DLSR’s or mirrorless cameras, what lens or lenses did you find...
Hello all - thank you all so much for all of the guidance on what is not my only first camino but first hike over about 5 miles! I've headed a lot of advice about backpacks and trekking poles and...
While reading through one of the more recent water bottle vs. hydration bladder debates, I was reminded of something I came across a few weeks ago, bookmarked, and promptly forgot about until said...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.