• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Beds between Pontevedra and Caldas de Reis?

Ewald Schmidt

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances from Léon- 2011
Camino Portuguese June 2018
greetings Peregrinos y Peregrina...
Our Camino Portuguese is one month away. And as I plan to make this one special for my wife, I am overplanning again...

now I have painted myself into a corner. I booked at Santiago, and a few nights back on the trail as well...
I have also booked all the way from Porto forwards on the trail. And now the train smash happens between Pontevedra and Caldas de Reis. I know it is only one day according to Mr Brierley, but I have to do it in 2. Just because I do not need another rest day, we are taking one in Vigo.

I do not see much on booking.com in between these places.
My more experienced friends: where would you stay over around here, in the vincinity of Barros or Briallos?

Gracias!

Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi Ewald,
I assume you want more private lodging since you mention booking.com.
I just came back from my Camino Portuguese last week (started in Lisbon). I just a lodging overlay on an offline map to help me. Just checked. Nothing other than 6 euros municipal albergue between them (two of them actually).

You are out of luck unless you don't mind municipal albergues.

This may or may not help your planning but my best decision for my Camino Portuguese (when it comes to lodging) is 5 km after Caldas, a small town O Cruceiro, so 27 km for me that day from Pontevedra.
The guide says the hostal there want 25 euros. But I realized that for pilgrims they charged only 15 euros. The other German mom and daughter who was also there also concur and said their double room is 15 euros. Very modern and clean room, best of all attached toilet. Excellent food for dinner at the restaurant and the next morning, another bar Esperion is only 20 meters was open at 7 am.
Can't miss the place. After walking the 5 km after Caldas on the trail you will have to cross a main road. It is just 20 meters off on the left after the crossing.
The following day, I was so happy when I did not see hordes of pilgrims walking (remember this is the last 100 km), so happy to be walking alone almost the whole day, then I realized that with the 5 km extra I was sandwich between both day's pilgrims who followed the standard etape.

Parrillada Antonio Hostal
Calle Carracedo Cruceiro 32
O Cruceiro
+34 986 534 260

Hi Ewald,
I assume you want more private lodging since you mention booking.com.
I just came back from my Camino Portuguese last week (started in Lisbon). I just a lodging overlay on an offline map to help me. Just checked. Nothing other than 6 euros municipal albergue between them (two of them actually).

You are out of luck unless you don't mind municipal albergues.

This may or may not help your planning but my best decision for my Camino Portuguese (when it comes to lodging) is 5 km after Caldas, a small town O Cruceiro, so 27 km for me that day from Pontevedra.
The guide says the hostal there want 25 euros. But I realized that for pilgrims they charged only 15 euros. The other German mom and daughter who was also there also concur and said their double room is 15 euros. Very modern and clean room, best of all attached toilet. Excellent food for dinner at the restaurant and the next morning, another bar Esperion is only 20 meters was open at 7 am.
Can't miss the place. After walking the 5 km after Caldas on the trail you will have to cross a main road. It is just 20 meters off on the left after the crossing.
The following day, I was so happy when I did not see hordes of pilgrims walking (remember this is the last 100 km), so happy to be walking alone almost the whole day, then I realized that with the 5 km extra I was sandwich between both day's pilgrims who followed the standard etape.

Parrillada Antonio Hostal
Calle Carracedo Cruceiro 32
O Cruceiro
+34 986 534 260

thanks Evan, you helped me a lot! I have moved my booking at Caldas de Reis a night back, and it will be a nice rest day to just stroll casually over to Antonios after we have spent some time in Caldas de Reis. I understand that it is a beautiful place with hot springs?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi Evan,

Do you have any recommendations for Pilgrim accommodation in either Pontecabras, San Amaro or San Antonino? I would like to walk beyond Pontevedra as I am having a stop over in Arcade the previous day.

Many thanks
Lindy

Hi Linda,
4 albergues.2 before San Antonino..

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-09-07-19-47-45.jpg
    Screenshot_2018-09-07-19-47-45.jpg
    406.3 KB · Views: 18
The first three here. The fourth is quite close to Caldas. Let me know if you need that. Cheers...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-09-07-19-56-54.jpg
    Screenshot_2018-09-07-19-56-54.jpg
    253.8 KB · Views: 20
  • Screenshot_2018-09-07-19-57-06.jpg
    Screenshot_2018-09-07-19-57-06.jpg
    296.7 KB · Views: 20
  • Screenshot_2018-09-07-19-57-17.jpg
    Screenshot_2018-09-07-19-57-17.jpg
    285.7 KB · Views: 14
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum

Do I need to bring my own pillow & pillow case for albergues?
Hi, Has anyone stayed in Armenteira recently? I’ve contacted Victor the Taxi to try and reserve a bunk at the Slbuergue de peregrinos. He told me to contact “ Albergue de San Ero de Armenteira”...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back