• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Beds on Madrid

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Having trouble finding beds after Segovia for next week, has anyone had the same problem?
Me too! Was planning to stay at Nava de la Asuncion tonight but was told yesterday that it was full. The other hostals & those in Coca were full too. I finally found a place to stay in Santa María for €40 in a lovely home. My budget for lodging has definitely burst.

Right now I’m having trouble contacting the albergues in Villeguillo & Alcazarén.

I did the Madrid route a few months ago and had problems in Coco during a heatwave. I had to take a cab to a hotel in Olameda where I camped out until the heatwave subsided. It wasn’t fun but it made me stronger. I’d encourage you to keep trying with the municipal albergues. The one in Penaflor de Hornija was only 3 euro!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Back in 2014 I never had to book ahead do you think it is necessary for the Madrid going forward?

Having trouble finding beds after Segovia for next week, has anyone had the same problem?
Just finished the Madrid yesterday. Absolutely georgeous. Very few pilgrims, plenty of free beds in the albergues and hostals except Coca. But call ahead, and be flexible on the planning ahead.

Just finished the Madrid yesterday. Absolutely georgeous. Very few pilgrims, plenty of free beds in the albergues and hostals except Coca. But call ahead, and be flexible on the planning ahead.
Thanks, I haven’t found anything in coca, what did you end up doing there?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Thanks, I haven’t found anything in coca, what did you end up doing there?
I stayed in Casa de la Paca. Decent room and breakfast. Coca deserves a close visit, and the walk out of town is among the nicest stretches of this camino. Good luck!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
My wife & I are now walking Camino Madrid. We are staying the Villeguillo pilgrim Albergue tonight. We called last night and picked up key at the bar. We are walking with a pilgrim friend we met back in Manzanares El Real. Haven't seen any other pilgrims walking yet. Haven't been able to get ahold of Alcazaren for tomorrow yet.

We stayed in the 4bed Albergue last night in Nava de la Asuncion (through WhatsApp). There is a big festival going on now. Most private stays seem full and also the large albergue there was full when I checked

Does anyone know if the albergue in Cigunuela is open, no one answers the phone and reviews are old

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Does anyone know if the albergue in Cigunuela is open, no one answers the phone and reviews are old
These are the lists of Open and Closed albergues I used when I walked the Madrid in June this year...

Attachments

• Albergues_Abierto.JPG
    Albergues_Abierto.JPG
    578.4 KB · Views: 14
  • Albergues_Cerrado.JPG
    Albergues_Cerrado.JPG
    498.6 KB · Views: 12
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
We stayed at Pilgrim Albergue in Ciguñuela a few days back. Note on door says house number to pick up keys (a few doors down on same side of street, house# 24 I believe). Nobody was home so we went to the town hall where a man got us the keys. It was a nice Albergue. Three of us walking together were the only ones staying there that night.

My wife and I will be finishing our Camino Madrid tomorrow in Sahagun. We found the municipal Albergues very nice, a good stay, and thankful for them. It was a very quiet camino meeting only 2 other pilgrims walking from Madrid. Awesome experience

Most read last week in this forum

Hello I am in the planning phase of the Camino de Madrid. Hoping to start walking in late May. The Confraternity of James' guidebook in out of print and no longer available, so I have been basing...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back