• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Begin the Salvador tomorrow

fortview

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino frances Sept/oct 2012 , Salvador, Primitivo 2013
Cotswold Way July 2014
European Peace Walk August 2014 (John)
We, Helen and I, begin the Salvador in the morning. A very big thank you to all who have given us advice either directly, thank you peregrina2000, or indirectly through the wisdom of your posts. Will hopefully post some updates as we progress. Very excited.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Best of luck on your journey. I wish you great weather.

Ultreya,
Joe

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
This is so exciting - someone setting out each week!
Buen camino!

Hi, fortview and Helen,
Wishing you all the best, it is pretty amazing that no sooner does Susanna arrive in Oviedo than you start out from Leon. And let's not forget Thomas and Ria who have just finished up the Camino de Madrid, are resting in Sahagun, and will be right on your tails when they get to Leon. Buen camino, Laurie

Congrats, I envy you! I have to confess I want to take bus back to Leon and start walking it again! I looked at the guest books at the albergues and there are more and more pilgrims every day. I was never alone. We were four staying together from Pajares, me Otto and a Spanish couple. So you who wants to walk it, do it now! :)

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Thank you all! Made it to Campomanes. It is such a privilege to walk this camino- such a luxury to be only us and a Spanish Peregrina. We are so grateful for the signs and wanted to meet Ender to thank him personally. So we arrived at Poladura de la Tercia and guess who was there fixing the internet ? Si- Ender himself ! We had a lovely time with him and his wife and he explained in great detail how to avoid the road by the parador. We are so blessed. The weather is hot , hot , hot - not a cloud in the sky ! More anon . John and Helen

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I confess I told Ender when you were leaving Leon, and I thought he might check in to see you. If anyone else is heading out and would like a chance to meet Ender, let me know, I'll forward on the dates and where you'll be. He lives very close to the camino and usually has a Salvador project or two going on.

Seems like the heat wave is covering all of the Primitivo and Salvador, we have a lot of suffering forum members out there. Buen camino to you fortview!

Thank you VERY much Laurie! It was a real treat to meet Ender!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
So where are you now? Would love to hear your impressions! Laurie

Hi Laurie, just posted on the forum. We will email you with some minor updates for your guide on our return home.

I drove to Oviedo today via Pajares Pass whilst delivering a pilgrim to the Primitivo. I am not sure if the couple we saw near Olloniego was you, but they smiled and waved when we beeped and yelled "Buen camino!"

Hi Rebekah ! If it was around 11am it was us . It would have been great to say hello to you! One day ... It is incredibly uplifting when cars and bikes hoot or shout out usually just when you need a boost !

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back