• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Beginning in Seville on March 1

MileHighPair

Time of past OR future Camino
Many, many Caminos, mostly past maybe some future.
I'll be starting the Via de la Plata on March 1, one week from today. There seem to be quite a few folks leaving later in March or April, so please follow along on the blog. I'll mention important "pilgrim hints" as I notice items that seem to be important along the route. My thanks to all who have walked before and their writings which have benefited my planning.
http://ourboatleavestheharbor.blogspot.com/

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I'll be starting the Via de la Plata on March 1, one week from today. There seem to be quite a few folks leaving later in March or April, so please follow along on the blog. I'll mention important "pilgrim hints" as I notice items that seem to be important along the route. My thanks to all who have walked before and their writings which have benefited my planning.
http://ourboatleavestheharbor.blogspot.com/

That is a beautiful photo of the boat full of witches balls at the head of your blog!

I leave from Almeria in May, and will be joining the Plata at Merida. I'm reading over your entries from your 2016 Plata, and look forward to your new postings.

I will be walking solo, I'm a slow walker, and my Spanish is not strong enough to be confident on a phone (limiting pre-booking). I'm trying not to be too anxious about finding available accommodations. Did you have much trouble on the Plata, especially the Sanabres, last year? I'd love any hints you have in this regard! What guide did you use?

Cheers, and Buen Camino!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
That is a beautiful photo of the boat full of witches balls at the head of your blog!

I leave from Almeria in May, and will be joining the Plata at Merida. I'm reading over your entries from your 2016 Plata, and look forward to your new postings.

I will be walking solo, I'm a slow walker, and my Spanish is not strong enough to be confident on a phone (limiting pre-booking). I'm trying not to be too anxious about finding available accommodations. Did you have much trouble on the Plata, especially the Sanabres, last year? I'd love any hints you have in this regard! What guide did you use?

Cheers, and Buen Camino!
As you will see on the 2016 posts, we had just a bit of trouble with full albergues, but certainly no trouble finding them. We used Gerald Kelly's guide, the Forum Albergue list (pdf) in the resource section, and a detailed map with a GPS track from Wikiloc. Also SYates updates on her walk in early 2016 were very helpful. Wishing you a great trip!

Most read last week in this forum

I have been reading 2 different reports (on FB and instagram) about (an) agressive dog(s) just after Oseira. I'll post them here: In the group of @geraldkelly on FB (4 days ago): Hello lovely Via...
Hi all! Once again I am heading back to Spain; this time to walk much of the Sanabres with my son; starting in Rionegro del Puente after a few sightseeing days first in Salamanca and Zamora...
After a smooth and uneventful flight from Chicago to Madrid on Iberia, the last three days we have been doing some sightseeing in Salamanca and Zamora, and our days have been sunny, a little cool...
I’m at Almadén de la Plata at the moment, and my options for tomorrow are to go as far as El Real de la Jara (approx 14km) or continue on to Monesterio (approx 34km). 34 km is a bit far for day 4...
For anyone around Sevilla, next Saturday marks the end of the annual week long fiesta. I have just had a conversation, as I do weekly (to help her with English), with a friend who is from there...
One route looks a bit steeper, one a bit longer (not much). How else are they different? Recommendations?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back